Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM

75 posts, read 233,633 times

Advertisements

I left New Jersey for NC. Those people up there don't give a damn about me at all. They didn't help me to get this dream job that I've been wanting to for so long since I was young teenager! Of course, while being there, they don't give a rat's ass about helping me at all, they were so focus on to make my life so miserable!

My life up there was TOO limited. I was not allowed to buy BIG items like new HDTV and fancy computer desk that I wanna to own. Never got my teeth fixed at all and now it's half-broken!

For my surgery, those stupid doctors were gamble on my life! I had boils on me and wanna to have it off of me for good, but has to wait for three years to do that! They were looking for a stupid excuse to tell me that it's too big and that it needed to be clean off with this tube! It hurts like hell!! Because of them, my grandfather died on September 11th, 2006! He lost his chance to watch me grow up and be so successful.

With his passing, it has allowed me to escape New Jersey once and for all. I don't understand those people at all. Now we just got in car accident last month and our car is originally came from there and now we are not allowing to buy new car until its investigation is completed and granted us for that matter.

Now I missed everybody that I knew up there. I lost my chance to tell this beautiful girl how I feels about her. They prevents me from telling her my true feeling about her and now she may never know what my true feeling for her.

I'll be looking forward to starting my life over here in NC. I'm very blessed to be here in NC!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,526,545 times
Best of luck to you!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBradin85 View Post
Those people up there don't give a damn about me at all. They didn't help me to get this dream job that I've been wanting to for so long since I was young teenager!
Are you not supposed to earn a job?
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
We're looking to Tennessee within the next year, probably in Mt. Juliet or Hendersonville. We can get a lot more house for the money with property taxes that are a fourth of what we pay here. We're mortgage free here so hopefully will be in TN.

Love a lot about NJ, but the property taxes and political corruption here are insane. It's also getting way too crowded everywhere you look. I'm looking forward to a slightly slower pace of life in a lovely area.
I moved from NJ to Tennessee a little over 2 1/2 years ago. I'm in Nashville, right at the Brentwood Border. Mt Juliet and Hendersonville are very nice, but if you really want alot for your money, then look at Murfreesboro.
I'm where I am because my husband asked for a Transfer, and the commute is only 20 min. The commute home in NJ kept getting worst, and the bus was taking 2-2 1/2 hours every night. There was always some kind of accident or the monthly Bomb scare in the Holland Tunnel.
Our taxes are less than half, house , double the size, and it costs less than the house I sold. College is less here, plus since we moved here at the start of my daughters senior year, she was elegable, with her grades for a Lottery Schlorship. She will have no student loans. My son just followed, and he lives where my daughter goes to college, in Murfreesboro.
His rent for a 2 Bedroom, 2 bath Apt, with a Terrace, Complex 2 years old, pool with no fee to use, Execise room, Clubhouse, $685 a month.
He's already had a friend from NJ visit, and the friend is already booked to come back.
We love it here. We have Theater, Music, Museums, you name it, and I'm downtown in 17 min. The Airport only 20 min, and not stuck in traffic.
Also East Nashville reminds me of a Mini Greenich Vllage.

Diane G

Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,698 times
I desperately want to move to NJ

Old 03-12-2009, 01:09 AM

42 posts, read 91,916 times
i'm leaving central NJ this year for southwest florida. i just paid 35k for a condo down there. taxes are under $900 a year !

Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaochicky View Post
i'm leaving central NJ this year for southwest florida. i just paid 35k for a condo down there. taxes are under $900 a year !
Yea and you will probably be making $8 an hour.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yea and you will probably be making $8 an hour.
And could probably live comfortably on it down there. If I had a $35k mortgage (around $200/month) and $80/month in RE taxes, I could live OK on $8/hour if I was young and single.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
And could probably live comfortably on it down there. If I had a $35k mortgage (around $200/month) and $80/month in RE taxes, I could live OK on $8/hour if I was young and single.
Your equation is not taking into account the extremely high association fees that are tacked on to these condo's. They can range from an additional $300 to $600 per month. Also making $8 per hour will kill your retirement fund.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,636 times
Moved out of Jersey last year. Will never return. I get a 4 bedroom house, with a backyard and a 2 car garage (I know most people living in JC area does not know what a garage and backyard is) for a quarter of price I was paying for a 1 Bed apartment at 800 SQ foot in JC.

Jersey - used to be nice up until 20 years ago.. Then all the Brooklyn and Staten Island trash made its way down. Leave while you still can. Prob too late now though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey