Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 03:39 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,071,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Detailed article in today's WSJ. Here's the link, (but I don't pay the gate fee. Maybe some of you have?)
Financing Plan Reawakes American Dream Mall Project in N.J.
Cant read need subscription. Do you have another link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 07:10 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,539,901 times
Quote:
Detailed article in today's WSJ. Here's the link, (but I don't pay the gate fee. Maybe some of you have?)
Financing Plan Reawakes American Dream Mall Project in N.J.
Can't open the link, a friend told me about it today, said the bond sellers are going to be making the money. 13yrs and still no mall???? I went to a Springsteen concert in the old stadium @ 2004 or 5 and we parked in the mall and walked over because they were building the new monstrosity. Wonder how many people (little guys) lost their investments? and the bond sellers keep making money? Maybe they should change the name to "Bonfire of the Vanities Mall". If you read the book you'd get the joke.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:53 AM

767 posts, read 1,330,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
even if they put it up, I think it will be closed down because there are already too many shopping/center and malls in the area.
People said the same thing about the Mall of America.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:26 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,328,816 times
Related: American Dream is not alone: A look at other N.J. projects that struggled - News - NorthJersey.com
“The state picks the winners. They pour in support from taxpayers. They split up all the goodies among their friends and then when something goes wrong they double down and do it all over again.”

Correction: Not "the state", but rather the cronies attached to the powers-that-be in New Jersey government.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Related: American Dream is not alone: A look at other N.J. projects that struggled - News - NorthJersey.com
“The state picks the winners. They pour in support from taxpayers. They split up all the goodies among their friends and then when something goes wrong they double down and do it all over again.”

Correction: Not "the state", but rather the cronies attached to the powers-that-be in New Jersey government.
So it looks like the taxpayers are definitely going to finance the Xanadu.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:11 AM

93 posts, read 131,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Cant read need subscription. Do you have another link?
as an FYI, you can read WSJ articles without a subscription if you access them from a google search, i.e. search for the article title then click on the link provided by google.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 AM

Default Google Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
as an FYI, you can read WSJ articles without a subscription if you access them from a google search, i.e. search for the article title then click on the link provided by google.
I did not know that. Thanks for tip. It worked for me.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 AM

Default Dull Pencils

I accessed the article using the tip provided above by grm215. (keyed the article's title directly into a Google search)

Of note:
“This has been abandoned by two other developers,” Mr. MacInnes said. “People with sharp pencils have said, ‘No, let’s walk away.’”

Hmm... looks like our elected officials aren't the sharpest pencils in the case.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:52 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,539,901 times
Quote:
I accessed the article using the tip provided above by grm215. (keyed the article's title directly into a Google search)

Of note:
“This has been abandoned by two other developers,” Mr. MacInnes said. “People with sharp pencils have said, ‘No, let’s walk away.’”

Hmm... looks like our elected officials aren't the sharpest pencils in the case.
^^^^ We know they aren't the sharpest pencils in the case. They are the sharpest pencils money can buy.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
AAAAAHHHHHH

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey