Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,640,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Not really. From your link...

However, the number of births still slightly outweigh this population loss, allowing the state population to continue to grow at a slow rate.

I'm surprised to see how many people from NJ move to both NY and CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,640,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
Nj is rediculously crowded.. And good schools, are you sure? Where would these schools be and how much do they rank amongst others? I never read a good thing about many.

I've seen a lot of kids as I've been all around jersey and less than more seemed in educated to me... But that's also all I've seen. Where are these amazing schools and what big cities are you talking about? And what kind of jobs? It takes a lot to build into a good job in jersey and it's incredibly brutal and hard to do so here...

And to answer your question, I only like a couple of other states and others I know nothing about. Hell, I'd pick a different country if I could but that's a totally different subject lol

All that aside, it's great you love Ni, though. Everyone has their own feel for what they want and if Nj is what you want, I'm super happy for you. ☺️
Why haven't you been able to secure a job that pays more than $800 every two weeeks? I would think a sane, English speaking person with even minimal work experience should be able to get 40k a year even without any college credits . I think you will find you're much more content with NJ if you work to improve your pay. As the noble poet by the name of Kanye West once said, "Having money is not everything, not having it is".

And I'm by no means even remotely close to wealthy. But I have enough sense to know I'm better off in NJ than in many other states.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Not very original of Kanye.

I heard "money isn't everything, but the lack of it is" long before he was born!

Old 01-10-2017, 11:05 PM

229 posts, read 251,214 times
Quote:
Nj is rediculously crowded.. And good schools, are you sure? Where would these schools be and how much do they rank amongst others? I never read a good thing about many.

I've seen a lot of kids as I've been all around jersey and less than more seemed in educated to me... But that's also all I've seen. Where are these amazing schools and what big cities are you talking about? And what kind of jobs? It takes a lot to build into a good job in jersey and it's incredibly brutal and hard to do so here...

And to answer your question, I only like a couple of other states and others I know nothing about. Hell, I'd pick a different country if I could but that's a totally different subject lol

All that aside, it's great you love Ni, though. Everyone has their own feel for what they want and if Nj is what you want, I'm super happy for you. ☺️
The two cities I'm referring to are NYC and Philadelphia. The unique geographic proximity to both is why the NJ has the 14th largest population despite being the 4th smallest state. If you don't know what kind of jobs these two major metropolises offer, that would explain why you don't understand why it's a popular state to live in. As for being brutal and hard to get a good job here, where exactly is it easy to get one? If there's a place where you just walk in to a great job opportunity and they tell you you're hired without any competition, I'd be interested in knowing where that is. You have to earn your way in this world. No one owes you anything and no one is going to gift you anything. That's just NJ, that's everywhere.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:35 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Being serious for a moment try living somewhere else (not being a jerk) but can you compare NJ to somewhere else?NJ has a lot going for it except the Governor and that's why people want to live there despite it's short comings.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:03 AM

175 posts, read 180,659 times
I actually work in my career field and don't plan on changing it... I love being an animal control officer. It's just hard to find a job in it as there are over a thousand unemployed officers and no where near enough jobs for them. I am lucky to have a job at my shelter which took almost two years to find kind you. And the pay is actually ok.

Now I also have a two year old and I need at least a one bedroom for space. Anything above 1000 is too much and because of my field, INEED to be at least 20-30 minutes from bridgewater. Which I can't find any apartments in my price range close enough that don't have retarded waiting lists.

But all that aside, I still don't like jersey. Aside from the crazy costs of everything, it has no ther perks. There is nothing to do here, gotta go to other places. Hate the snow, shoveling, etc. we have extra laws here (like motor vehicle things we do here that other states don't) that other states don't that limit the residents. It's too small for the amount of people here. It's a very frustrating state.. Even as a kid I hated it.

I am trying to leave but expenses you know, it's a loooooot. But I have lived in another state and I loved it, honestly. I was in Florida for a bit but there were huge issues personal issues that required me to come back to jersey. If I had moved at the right time and NOT WITH THE PERSON I did, ohh itd be different lmao

But anywho, it's all my opinion. Everyone is free to disagree ☺️ I just don't see what everyone else does. And I've been here for almost my entire life and it's always been the same, and I've been all around jersey. From down south at Lakewood, brick, long branch, etc to central (Edison, Woodbridge; Perth Amboy, Piscataway, Plainfield, BRunswicks, etc, to north jersey to wear jersey gosh the list is rediculous) rd always been the same. Too expensive, too much traffic, too much inconsideration, too much driving problems, oh the list goes on.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:36 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,152,796 times
Call me crazy but having lived in NJ for 34 yrs, I actually think NJ drivers are better than Florida drivers (and it's not even close). I've come to the conclusion that no matter where you are, that's where the worst drivers are lol.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:48 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Brick is down South?

Old 01-11-2017, 05:55 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Nj is rediculously crowded.
Are you sure that our state isn't blueiculously crowded, or perhaps even greeniculously crowded?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 AM

351 posts, read 482,494 times
The worst part of NJ is the people. Having lived 1/3 of my life in the west and midwest, i can guarantee the people on the East are the worst. Your whole vent is because of people. Every gripe you have is because of high population density. High demand causes high prices, the large amount of drivers increases traffic as well as the likelihood of bad drivers, large supply of workforce allows lower pay, etc.

We need to reduce the population per sq mile greatly in essex, union and hudson county. That will solve most problems as well as crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey