Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 880 times

Advertisements

Corzine's non-record and outlandish moves include:
Corzine's attempt to trash NJ voters' popular vote in a Presidential election is outrageous. A State's popular vote reflects the people's selection. The people of the State deserve their popular vote decision as a NJ State autonomous vote to be reflected by the corresponding NJ electoral vote as mandated by the Constitution. The NJ State electoral vote must not be changed to reflect the national majority voting flow regardless if NJ voters are consistent with the national trend or not. Such a move by Corzine violates the Constitution and serves to have NJ electoral votes surely risk disqualification from incorporation into the national electoral vote tally. Corzine's move on this seems no more than an incredulous posturing to prompt his Party's consideration for a future Presidential nomination.
Corzine's lack of improvement in resolving the burden of high property taxes loaded principally by the education costs lumped into property tax bills imposed of NJ property owners is a sham. The education costs are two-thirds of the property tax bill. He sought merely to seek additional methods in how to "pay the education bill" rather than questioning the validity of the "education bill". The sheer magnitutude of the personnel infrastructure of all the NJ school districts is staggering for the padded layers of administration that are unnecessary and can be streamlined. Streamlining initiatives mean reducing such padded and layered staffs. Streamlining does not mean creating new NJ State education oversight positions either. "Status-quo" on this subject is the current result.
Corzine's casual "plan" to increase tolls on all NJ toll-roads in a continual near-annual barrage of exponential increases escapes reality as a fiscal cavalier approach which heaps another load onto the average NJ worker's personal budget.
Corzine increased the NJ state sales tax from 6% to 7%. Many people were quickly reminded of a previous NJ governor, Florio.
Corzine must realize the climate is ripe for his recall or removal, certainly no later than the next NJ gubernatorial election at latest with the NJ citizen popular vote with the final say at last to select a governor with a true common sense and with fairness to the interests of the NJ public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:42 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoCB View Post
Corzine's non-record and outlandish moves include:
Corzine's attempt to trash NJ voters' popular vote in a Presidential election is outrageous. A State's popular vote reflects the people's selection. The people of the State deserve their popular vote decision as a NJ State autonomous vote to be reflected by the corresponding NJ electoral vote as mandated by the Constitution. The NJ State electoral vote must not be changed to reflect the national majority voting flow regardless if NJ voters are consistent with the national trend or not. Such a move by Corzine violates the Constitution and serves to have NJ electoral votes surely risk disqualification from incorporation into the national electoral vote tally. Corzine's move on this seems no more than an incredulous posturing to prompt his Party's consideration for a future Presidential nomination.
Corzine's lack of improvement in resolving the burden of high property taxes loaded principally by the education costs lumped into property tax bills imposed of NJ property owners is a sham. The education costs are two-thirds of the property tax bill. He sought merely to seek additional methods in how to "pay the education bill" rather than questioning the validity of the "education bill". The sheer magnitutude of the personnel infrastructure of all the NJ school districts is staggering for the padded layers of administration that are unnecessary and can be streamlined. Streamlining initiatives mean reducing such padded and layered staffs. Streamlining does not mean creating new NJ State education oversight positions either. "Status-quo" on this subject is the current result.
Corzine's casual "plan" to increase tolls on all NJ toll-roads in a continual near-annual barrage of exponential increases escapes reality as a fiscal cavalier approach which heaps another load onto the average NJ worker's personal budget.
Corzine increased the NJ state sales tax from 6% to 7%. Many people were quickly reminded of a previous NJ governor, Florio.
Corzine must realize the climate is ripe for his recall or removal, certainly no later than the next NJ gubernatorial election at latest with the NJ citizen popular vote with the final say at last to select a governor with a true common sense and with fairness to the interests of the NJ public.
But they will vote him in again. They will say he is trying. Us people in NJ deserve everything we get because we vote them in.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
A website has been set up to recall Corzine. Would you vote to recall him? Why or why not?

recallcorzinenow.com
yes!!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennysMom View Post
I'm not a fan of Corzine either but agree, he has not done anything that would warrant a recall or an impeachment.
Agreed... he may not be the greatest, but he inherited a disaster and he hasn't done anything SO outrageous to be recalled. There are MANY politicians out there who have been guilty of much greater things and they stay standing.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Yet another reason I wouldn't run for government office. I don't care about pissing off unions. I would definitely get assassinated

I'm all for pissing off unions in some instances.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Articles won't influence me... I have no desire to leave.
I agree. It's 6 of 1, half a dozen of another. I know so many who have left, there is good and bad everywere. I have no desire to leave.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You don't have to remind me - its the rest of the state thats eligible and doesn't vote.
Voter turn out in the US overall is pathetically low... it's a sin. People in other parts of the world would die for the chance and here we have it and we ***** on it.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,842 times
In my utopia they are all gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
No need...he'll fizzle out soon enough. I'm just tired of hearing calls for impeachment-does anyone realize that if Bush is removed from office that Chaney becomes President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey