Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 02:19 PM

88,696 posts, read 85,065,285 times

Advertisements

Love the slogan at the top of the article:

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/ind...ew_jersey.html

Old 12-03-2018, 02:33 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,506,306 times
The four-month-long ragweed season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 02:36 PM

538 posts, read 735,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Love the slogan at the top of the article:

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/ind...ew_jersey.html
Just to share, it's a Millwall Football Club chant, a SE London team, currently in the 2nd division but were in the top division in the 90s. Has been appropriated by fans of many other soccer teams and eventually even made it to that sign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_one...don't_care

Old 12-03-2018, 08:24 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,034,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck172 View Post
Enforce immigration laws (not a sanctuary state)

Let's be honest---does any state really do this?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,007,300 times
Why cant NJ has more lax guns laws? PA has pretty good guns laws. Who are the idiots that keep voting against? I have a feeling it is rich people, and women.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:39 PM

32,972 posts, read 36,478,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
So based on your assessment, I don't need to turn the heat on in my house this winter, as all I need to do is put on a limitless amount of clothing to keep warm. Gee I don't know what I'll do with all that money I will save.
I've done that when my furnace kicked one February. I still had electricity and a gas stove. Space heaters helped, but it was very cold in the house. I would have gone to a hotel but wanted to be sure that the pipes didn't freeze.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:00 PM

32,972 posts, read 36,478,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why cant NJ has more lax guns laws? PA has pretty good guns laws. Who are the idiots that keep voting against? I have a feeling it is rich people, and women.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:16 PM

414 posts, read 360,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark (well, unfortunately not the rich part). You’ve been posting a lot in the Vegas forum as you’re considering moving there. Hate to burst your bubble but Vegas is no libertarian paradise - it’s becoming increasingly blue - the governor, both senators and three out of four congressional seats - the only R congressional seat is in the northern part of NV. I’m hoping NV’s gun laws become more in line with NJ’s although that isn’t likely. Utah or the Deep South might be more to your liking (in all seriousness) - NV is being invaded by liberals from both coasts

Last edited by Cubicle Dweller; 12-03-2018 at 10:27 PM..

Old 12-04-2018, 12:06 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,212,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I am against the second amendment in my opinion. I am glad NJ has strict gun laws. I am sick and tired of the violence that happens to today's children in schools.

So you'd rather not be able to defend for yourself then.

The bad people will always find a way to get guns no matter what, while other law-abiding citizens because of the strict gun laws have to get potentially seriously injured or die.

Sounds safe to me.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,536,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
So you'd rather not be able to defend for yourself then.

The bad people will always find a way to get guns no matter what, while other law-abiding citizens because of the strict gun laws have to get potentially seriously injured or die.

Sounds safe to me.
I've lived in NJ for over 60yrs and have not been in a situation where I felt I needed a gun. When I was younger I thought about owning one, but without a concealed carry permit, I'd have to keep it locked up in a safe at home. So do you take it out of the safe every night and put it in your night stand?

If you forget to put it in the safe when you go out, your house gets broken into, gun gets stolen and used in a crime, then how would you feel. Maybe you don't forget but you come home from work, take your gun out of the safe, then realize you forgot to pickup something at the store and run out and your home gets broken into.

Then there is the "good guy with a gun" argument, recently a security guard in Chicago was shot when the police showed up because he had his gun out. A few years ago a federal officer, in plain clothes, was killed on Long Island. He was in a pharmacy that two men came in a robbed. Never did find out who shot him, but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

They have strict gun laws in Britain, yes, bad guys there can still get guns. I understand they rent them, it is expensive though, an unused gun is one price, one previously used is cheaper. Although if you get caught with the previously used gun you may end up going to prison for 2 or more crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey