Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ.
In the pocket, where the wallet is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 09:47 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
how much do you figure they cost you?

the reality is that the government wastes insane amounts of money. tons of it gets spent on things that you dont want it to get spent on. we have no say in that. i dont think a huge amount is wasted on illegals and ultimately what is the difference to you if its spent on illegals or legals? do you have a stronger bond with a legal resident or an illegal one? does government legal status determine how you feel about somebody?

for me, its the military. we spend $1 trillion a year on murdering the crap out of people and destroying the lives of countless millions. sometimes people like to attack me as an anarchist when the dont have a decent response to my statements. but im not advocating end government now; im fine with starting at the worst stuff and slowly getting to a better size of government. the military first, the police next.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:21 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Quote:
""Undocumented immigrants are incredible contributors to our economy and are not eligible for public benefits that people think they come here for," Wiehe said.

An estimated half of the nation's undocumented immigrants are believed to be working under fake Social Security numbers, which means they are paying taxes and into Social Security. The ITEP estimates that state and local governments take in $11.74 billion a year from undocumented immigrants.

Wiehe added that undocumented immigrants are also not eligible for the federal earned income tax credit, so they're taxed at higher rates than similar low-income Americans.

Capps said that undocumented immigrants also pay taxes in other ways: paying sales taxes on items they purchase, and funding property taxes through rent payments, too.

Meanwhile, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for Social Security and the vast majority of taxpayer-funded welfare programs like food stamps and cash assistance, according to Capps, the expert with the Migration Policy Institute.

The biggest costs to taxpayers, experts told NBC News, come from public education, which all students are eligible to receive regardless of immigration status.

Researchers and advocates are split on whether it's fair to view the education and welfare of U.S. citizen children born to undocumented immigrants as part of the costs of undocumented immigrants, but most say it's worth considering at least. Rector said it was a big factor in his estimate.

"Public education is where the real big cost comes in," Capps said. "The amount of taxes that the parents pay on their earnings, that they pay through property taxes — passed through on their rent — it's not going to be as much as is spent on public education for their kids and food stamps for their kids."

Still, Capps added, second generation immigrants — the U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants — often go on to do far better than their parents and can boost the American economy.

"They'll be paying it back over the long run, some of that cost — particularly like public schooling — pays for itself,
" Capps said. "Some people will just focus on how much more unauthorized immigrants cost than they're paying, but it ignores the broader economic picture.""
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ca-not-n950981

I'm not saying undocumented immigrants don't cost money, but it is a fact that they do pay taxes and contribute to our economy without seeing the same benefits that citizens do. Some do receive receive some form of financial help from the government through food stamps and maternal care for pregnant and new mothers and other programs like that. But they still work one way or another. Whether it's the stereotypical gardener/housekeeper/handyman without documents or if it's with fake documents in warehouse and manufacturing businesses, they do work. I'd gladly let my tax money go to help a family that can't feed their citizen children while mom cleans houses all day and dad does handyman construction work under the table, rather than to some white trash family in Appalachia that doesn't do anything but collect SSI Disability checks weekly and buy McDonald's.

If you take a look at states that have the most residents receiving disability checks, you'll notice that they're generally very white very Republican and very poor. WV AL AR KY MS TN MO SC LA and OK make up 10 of the top 15 states receiving the most disability.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...benefits.html/

Idk about you, but wouldn't you rather your tax dollars were spent on humans who contribute to our society in some form and participate in the economy instead of going to people who can just sit back and receive a disability check in the mail and not work? This is very common on highly white highly Republican highly poor states. Regardless of citizenship status, we should be helping people who work and contribute to society in some fashion, and undocumented immigrants contribute a lot to our society without being able to receive most forms of government assistance.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
does government legal status determine how you feel about somebody?

Yes. My father is a legal immigrant. Coming here legally and going though the naturalization process is the correct way to go IMO.

BTW - I don't give a rat's butt where they are here illegally from either. China, Canada, UK, Poland, Mexico, Egypt, Australia....all illegal.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:17 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Yes. My father is a legal immigrant. Coming here legally and going though the naturalization process is the correct way to go IMO.

BTW - I don't give a rat's butt where they are here illegally from either. China, Canada, UK, Poland, Mexico, Egypt, Australia....all illegal.
initially i thought that your father was a bad example given the fact that you obvious have feelings for him regardless of his legals status. but then i realized that he is a good example.

let's say your father chose to enter the country illegally, would you feel differently about him?

what do i really care if the government manufactured some laws to force people to comply with? i dont care if people follow the law or break the law. i care if people harm others or dont harm others. the law is just made by the same politicians that we all seem to hate. but they pass a law and suddenly everyone is licking the boots of trump, pelosi, mocconnell, schumer, etc.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
initially i thought that your father was a bad example given the fact that you obvious have feelings for him regardless of his legals status. but then i realized that he is a good example.

let's say your father chose to enter the country illegally, would you feel differently about him?

what do i really care if the government manufactured some laws to force people to comply with? i dont care if people follow the law or break the law. i care if people harm others or dont harm others. the law is just made by the same politicians that we all seem to hate. but they pass a law and suddenly everyone is licking the boots of trump, pelosi, mocconnell, schumer, etc.

My father taught me illegal things are wrong, period. To me there is no difference between illegally entering the country or illegally selling drugs. Both should be punished by the law.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:53 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
all I know is that delware occupies a sliver of nj

Old 03-27-2019, 07:42 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Quote:
My father taught me illegal things are wrong, period. To me there is no difference between illegally entering the country or illegally selling drugs. Both should be punished by the law.
Harboring Jews was illegal in Nazi Germany. Having consensual same-sex intercourse/relations in the privacy of your own home was illegal in many states until 2003 with Lawrence v. Texas. Segregation was legal for basically the entire history of the US. The Underground Railroad was illegal. Interracial marriage was illegal until 1967 with Loving v. Virginia. Women were second-class citizens for most of our history as well, and arguably still are. They only got the right to vote in 1920.

Just because a law is a law doesn't make it right or just or something that we should never challenge.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:46 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Originally Posted by jessemh431; Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ..

So desiring a secure border and legal immigration is now racist?

When did that happen?
Usually when they live with a bunch of illegals and don't want them to be deported.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:50 AM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
""Undocumented immigrants are incredible contributors to our economy and are not eligible for public benefits that people think they come here for," Wiehe said.

An estimated half of the nation's undocumented immigrants are believed to be working under fake Social Security numbers, which means they are paying taxes and into Social Security. The ITEP estimates that state and local governments take in $11.74 billion a year from undocumented immigrants.

Wiehe added that undocumented immigrants are also not eligible for the federal earned income tax credit, so they're taxed at higher rates than similar low-income Americans.

Capps said that undocumented immigrants also pay taxes in other ways: paying sales taxes on items they purchase, and funding property taxes through rent payments, too.

Meanwhile, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for Social Security and the vast majority of taxpayer-funded welfare programs like food stamps and cash assistance, according to Capps, the expert with the Migration Policy Institute.

The biggest costs to taxpayers, experts told NBC News, come from public education, which all students are eligible to receive regardless of immigration status.

Researchers and advocates are split on whether it's fair to view the education and welfare of U.S. citizen children born to undocumented immigrants as part of the costs of undocumented immigrants, but most say it's worth considering at least. Rector said it was a big factor in his estimate.

"Public education is where the real big cost comes in," Capps said. "The amount of taxes that the parents pay on their earnings, that they pay through property taxes — passed through on their rent — it's not going to be as much as is spent on public education for their kids and food stamps for their kids."

Still, Capps added, second generation immigrants — the U.S.-born children of undocumented immigrants — often go on to do far better than their parents and can boost the American economy.

"They'll be paying it back over the long run, some of that cost — particularly like public schooling — pays for itself,
" Capps said. "Some people will just focus on how much more unauthorized immigrants cost than they're paying, but it ignores the broader economic picture.""
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ca-not-n950981

I'm not saying undocumented immigrants don't cost money, but it is a fact that they do pay taxes and contribute to our economy without seeing the same benefits that citizens do. Some do receive receive some form of financial help from the government through food stamps and maternal care for pregnant and new mothers and other programs like that. But they still work one way or another. Whether it's the stereotypical gardener/housekeeper/handyman without documents or if it's with fake documents in warehouse and manufacturing businesses, they do work. I'd gladly let my tax money go to help a family that can't feed their citizen children while mom cleans houses all day and dad does handyman construction work under the table, rather than to some white trash family in Appalachia that doesn't do anything but collect SSI Disability checks weekly and buy McDonald's.

If you take a look at states that have the most residents receiving disability checks, you'll notice that they're generally very white very Republican and very poor. WV AL AR KY MS TN MO SC LA and OK make up 10 of the top 15 states receiving the most disability.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-car...benefits.html/

Idk about you, but wouldn't you rather your tax dollars were spent on humans who contribute to our society in some form and participate in the economy instead of going to people who can just sit back and receive a disability check in the mail and not work? This is very common on highly white highly Republican highly poor states. Regardless of citizenship status, we should be helping people who work and contribute to society in some fashion, and undocumented immigrants contribute a lot to our society without being able to receive most forms of government assistance.
So, in summary you support identity theft and tax evasion. In S Cal there are areas that have so many illegals the entire school district is on the free meal and after school programs. No ID no problem just say you don't make enough. Some of the kids are American and many aren't but their parents definitely are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: