Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 04:17 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSIEinNYC View Post
Great advice thanks!

And where is this commuter parking ? and where does one apply for it ?

Thanks again!

This doesn't apply to you. You are moving to Lodi, and Fair Lawn is west of you. You'd be going the wrong way to catch a train to go to the right way.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:00 AM

99 posts, read 63,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This doesn't apply to you. You are moving to Lodi, and Fair Lawn is west of you. You'd be going the wrong way to catch a train to go to the right way.
are there other commuter parking i can get cheap access to ? say near the PATH trains or similar trains ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
are there other commuter parking i can get cheap access to ? say near the PATH trains or similar trains ?
Haha, you are moving to New York City, so nothing related to commuting is "cheap". You chose a town that doesn't have a train station, and you work near Times Square, which is closer to the Port Authority Bus Terminal than to Penn Station, so I assumed you would be taking a bus, not a train.

If you prefer the train, I think your best bet is to look at the closest towns that DO have train stations and then see what the parking options are.

All of the information is on the NJ Transit website; however, you will likely have to call the towns, which are responsible for the parking lots, to find out the costs.

For trains, look at the Bergen/Main Line, which would have the closest train towns to Lodi, but I also suggest you look at bus options. It might be shorter and possibly more cost-effective to take a bus.

www.njtransit.com

ETA: I just used the "Trip Planner" tool and looked up Lodi to the PABT at around 7 a.m., and it looks as though the bus ride is only 40 minutes. That's not a bad commute. Of course, there could be traffic issues, but that's the schedule.

It says Bus No. 151T, so you would have to do some research further on the site, pull up the timetable for that bus, and see where it stops in relation to where you're going to live.

https://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_serv...rItineraryFrom

Old 08-30-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Haha, you are moving to New York City, so nothing related to commuting is "cheap". You chose a town that doesn't have a train station, and you work near Times Square, which is closer to the Port Authority Bus Terminal than to Penn Station, so I assumed you would be taking a bus, not a train.

If you prefer the train, I think your best bet is to look at the closest towns that DO have train stations and then see what the parking options are.

All of the information is on the NJ Transit website; however, you will likely have to call the towns, which are responsible for the parking lots, to find out the costs.

For trains, look at the Bergen/Main Line, which would have the closest train towns to Lodi, but I also suggest you look at bus options. It might be shorter and possibly more cost-effective to take a bus.

www.njtransit.com

ETA: I just used the "Trip Planner" tool and looked up Lodi to the PABT at around 7 a.m., and it looks as though the bus ride is only 40 minutes. That's not a bad commute. Of course, there could be traffic issues, but that's the schedule.

It says Bus No. 151T, so you would have to do some research further on the site, pull up the timetable for that bus, and see where it stops in relation to where you're going to live.

https://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_serv...rItineraryFrom
brillant info - thank you

Old 08-30-2019, 06:38 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Check out Liberty Terrace in East Rutherford. $2570 gets you a 2br plus den which is really a 3br. Great location, a block walk to nyc bus or 10 min walk to train. ER schools are not rated the best but if your kids do well they can still go to Harvard.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendoodle1969 View Post
Check out Liberty Terrace in East Rutherford. $2570 gets you a 2br plus den which is really a 3br. Great location, a block walk to nyc bus or 10 min walk to train. ER schools are not rated the best but if your kids do well they can still go to Harvard.
great. thank you.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:37 PM

a year on in north jersey and loving it - got a 3 bedroom for 2000 - with a yard and garage, close to a great school and 45 minute commute to NYC (when i was going in!)

so all good - just wanted to update all - especially for those that were saying we should be living in NYC.

Old 08-26-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
a year on in north jersey and loving it - got a 3 bedroom for 2000 - with a yard and garage, close to a great school and 45 minute commute to NYC (when i was going in!)

so all good - just wanted to update all - especially for those that were saying we should be living in NYC.
Thanks for coming back to check in and let us know how it worked out. What town did you end up in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey