Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 04:13 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,494,151 times

Advertisements

So the news articles never specified, which side of I-80 the crash actually happened, but Exit 45 on the Eastbound side is the exit for South Beverwyck road.

So if it is supposed to be a wrong way crash, is it because of that ramp? I am not surprised if that ramp caused it. It's a short ramp, but not only is it short, it is so damn easy to mistaken it as a highway entrance rather than a exit. I am not surprised someone would go the wrong way on there.

I always feel bad for the people who live on South Beverwyck road, because it is a comfy, boony, peaceful road, and then they have to deal with the fact that there is a highway exit right by them. And my dad always taught me not to live in a give location with easy access to a highway, because robbers can easily flee at high speed (like a robbery that happened in Denville years ago).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 04:21 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
lack of investment in passenger rail is the reason why crashes happen.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:33 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Quoted for truth

Old 10-21-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Well Americans love having their own cars and their own space. Most people don't like public transportation in America and public transportation is ghetto too. Having our own cars means independence.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:49 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,462,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Well Americans love having their own cars and their own space. Most people don't like public transportation in America and public transportation is ghetto too. Having our own cars means independence.
Uh huh... and I suppose you independently paid for your car and pay for your insurance and car maintenance with your own earned money from a legitimate income source. If so, I’ll shut up.

If not, get over your pampered self. Not everyone has the resources to buy, insure, and maintain a car.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Uh huh... and I suppose you independently paid for your car and pay for your insurance and car maintenance with your own earned money from a legitimate income source. If so, I’ll shut up.

If not, get over your pampered self. Not everyone has the resources to buy, insure, and maintain a car.
That's true, but it seems like everyone in NJ has a car, otherwise there would be more NJ Transit around. I feel like there are a ton of places in northern NJ that need NJ transit.

You should suppose that I paid for my own makeup with my own earned money from a legitimate income source, cuz i do baby.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:40 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Quote:
No, poor driving is usually what causes accidents. If people simply paid attention to the road so many accidents could be avoided.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:24 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
NJTransit is terrible and anyone suggesting it as a replacement for highways is not thinking straight. Even if it wasn't run by the worst idiots 40 years of political patronage can get you, it's still basically only good for taking people in bulk in a few straight lines.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
NJTransit is terrible and anyone suggesting it as a replacement for highways is not thinking straight. Even if it wasn't run by the worst idiots 40 years of political patronage can get you, it's still basically only good for taking people in bulk in a few straight lines.
The benefit of more NJ Transit users would be less traffic and less idiots on the roads. NJ Transit is terrible I agree.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:29 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
That's true, but it seems like everyone in NJ has a car, otherwise there would be more NJ Transit around. I feel like there are a ton of places in northern NJ that need NJ transit.

You should suppose that I paid for my own makeup with my own earned money from a legitimate income source, cuz i do baby.
Whoo hoo, woo hoo, and woo-hoo! You paid for your makeup? Big freakin' deal. Tell me when you have to pay for all of your clothing. I had to start doing that in high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey