Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
actually I think it's reverse.

The lower income people get medicaid/medicare/charity care - who knows. But they're taken care of.

It's those people who are self-employed and those who pay their own helath insurance who can't afford to get sick.
Good point... I pay 315/month and it kills me to even think about using it! No one chases the poor people - as the old saying goes.."you can't get blood from a stone!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Sure you can. It's called a garden and a 12 gauge I'd rather my kids eat venison over factory farmed beef any day. It's true what Hank Jr. says, "A country boy CAN survive."
+1, but I like eating cow - its so tasty! I wouldn't mind local farm cow...

Old 04-29-2008, 02:38 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
I have a better idea. Why don't we have Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Meryl Streep, and all these other sanctimonious left of center entertainers that complain their taxes are too low to chip in their fair share? I figure they could give away about 30-40 million each of their earnings, and have plenty left over for their families. How dare they stand by, so selfishly, and allow these hospitals to suffer!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:39 PM

717 posts, read 773,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I have a better idea. Why don't we have Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Meryl Streep, and all these other sanctimonious left of center entertainers that complain their taxes are too low to chip in their fair share? I figure they could give away about 30-40 million each of their earnings, and have plenty left over for their families. How dare they stand by, so selfishly, and allow these hospitals to suffer!
I was awaiting your response and I was not disappointed. Awesome!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:44 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I like that idea! We should tax the crap out of stuff like this...fast food, cigs, beer, booze..everything that is truly a luxury and lower taxes on gas as it's a necessity here in NJ. Or offer up some more public transportation options..more buses, trains, etc.
to the leftists driving your own car is a luxury, so forget about any lessening of those taxes and expansion of public transport costs more money especially since it is so heavily subsidised so you can forget that option also

Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
you're so correct, there is nothing stopping them from donating what ever amount they feel they should be paying, but that will never happen

Old 04-29-2008, 02:51 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
+1, but I like eating cow - its so tasty! I wouldn't mind local farm cow...
Locally raised grass fed beef (yes, cows are supposed to eat grass, not corn, waste vegetable oil, and ground up offal), is just as good as venison. There was actually a great New York Times op-ed piece a few months back about venison being the original grass fed, organic, low impact, low stress, hormone/anti-biotic free food. I like a good steak just as much as the next guy, but you should try venison if you've never had it. The complaint most folks have is that it's dry, because compared to beef, venison has very little fat which as we all know is a huge component of the taste. I eat my venison steaks rare and frequently marinate them. Red wine vinegar can work wonders in 30 minutes.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:55 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Locally raised grass fed beef (yes, cows are supposed to eat grass, not corn, waste vegetable oil, and ground up offal), is just as good as venison. There was actually a great New York Times op-ed piece a few months back about venison being the original grass fed, organic, low impact, low stress, hormone/anti-biotic free food. I like a good steak just as much as the next guy, but you should try venison if you've never had it. The complaint most folks have is that it's dry, because compared to beef, venison has very little fat which as we all know is a huge component of the taste. I eat my venison steaks rare and frequently marinate them. Red wine vinegar can work wonders in 30 minutes.
Venison is a hard sell to the wife, but as for myself, I love it. Ostrich, bison, all that stuff.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
I've eaten it.. my favorite is venison jerky To me, less fat is a big plus, since I hate fat anyways. Now I'm hungry for some venison sausage, a little cheese, and some crackers....

Old 04-29-2008, 03:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Badfish - Now we all know who got Bambi's mom! Oh! the horror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey