Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:04 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
my son just graduated and he's 17, just like 17 is a young senior, 19 is an old one
*shrug*

Read into it however you'd like. Any statements regarding age were incredibly ambiguous in all articles I've seen, lending me to believe its more hyped up media bs.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:06 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Actually, the one thing I didn't see was that there were students under the age of 18. There was no mention of this in any of the articles I read. A bunch of comments like "no adult supervision" and a woman with a 17yr old daughter who wasn't there expressing concern, but I didn't see any specific statements that minors were present.

And they are seeking prosecution of parents, if they purchased liquor for the kids. It carries hefty fines if they bought in VT.... more money for them!

read the first line of the article i posted - yes, there was a 17 yr old there. my guess is if there were 110 teens, 62 citations for those 18 and over, would leave 48 under the age of 18.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
And more..
Middletown South prom bus is busted for underage drinking - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Cops arrest 27 minors for drinking in Hanover - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Ok so we know it's just kids, maybe we did it too..thing is as GROWN UPS now we should not be condoning this type of behaviour..between this and all the hoopla over some Bayonne student not being allowed to the prom because she broke the uniform rules at school i wonder just what kind of message we as adults who condone rule/law breaking are sending to these kids??

Sure us older ones here broke rules as kids but I know I dam sure had to pay the piper

Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Sure us older ones here broke rules as kids but I know I dam sure had to pay the piper
Arrested? Fines in the thousands? Loss of license? Loss of registration privileges? A felony offense on your permanent record?

Or a stern talking to and correction by your parents?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Arrested? Fines in the thousands? Loss of license? Loss of registration privileges? A felony offense on your permanent record?

Or a stern talking to and correction by your parents?
that's a little dramatic..these kids are not going to have a felony on their record
They have an option...the fine and loss of license or the counsel/community service route.

I do know one thing..with all I've read in the paper today and comments posted it has been an eye opener why so many kids are out of control
They break rules/laws and instead of Mommy & Daddy punishing them, they come out swinging against anyone who dare say their little darlings did any thing wrong....God help us all

Last edited by njkate; 06-03-2008 at 11:30 AM..

Old 06-03-2008, 11:33 AM

[quote=CuCullin;3973989]Arrested? Fines in the thousands? Loss of license? Loss of registration privileges? A felony offense on your permanent record?

Or a stern talking to and correction by your parents?[/QUOTE]

hahahahahaha, that's the funniest thing I've ever read!!
I tried my best not to get in trouble in school..the nuns were bad enough i didn't need my mother's wrath..but different times back then...most kids obeyed the rules and if they broke one and got caught it wasn't pretty....

problem today is there is NO discipline at home..it's left up to law enforcement

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
that's a little dramatic..these kids are not going to have a felony on their record
They have an option...the fine and loss of license or the counsel/community service route.

I do know one thing..with all I've read in the paper today and comments posted it has been an eye opener why so many kids are out of control
They break rules/laws and instead of Mommy & Daddy punishing them, they come out swinging against anyone who dare say their littledarlings did any thing wrong....God help us all
Ive said before it is absolutely unquestionably illegal. They have to pay up now for breaking a law.
But Who is to say these kids are "out of control"? I ll bet many of them , especially being from Randolph, will be attending good 4 year colleges and did very well in High School. So they went up to Vermont to blow off some steam. I'm questioning how did they hurt society? I do not believe this is a punishable crime. If any of them have this on their record and have to explain to future employers why they have a record for this- its a disgrace.
There are street gangs running rampant , killing , extorting, mugging, and raping. A policeman's duty is to protect law abiding citizens from unlawful people who may do harm to society. Way to protect us all from these VILE "KIDS"!

1,024 posts, read 3,356,371 times
[quote=njkate;3974029]that's a little dramatic..these kids are not going to have a felony on their record
They have an option...the fine and loss of license or the counsel/community service route. [quote]

Exactly!!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Ive said before it is absolutely unquestionably illegal. They have to pay up now for breaking a law.
But Who is to say these kids are "out of control"? I ll bet many of them , especially being from Randolph, will be attending good 4 year colleges and did very well in High School. So they went up to Vermont to blow off some steam. I'm questioning how did they hurt society? I do not believe this is a punishable crime. If any of them have this on their record and have to explain to future employers why they have a record for this- its a disgrace.
There are street gangs running rampant , killing , extorting, mugging, and raping. A policeman's duty is to protect law abiding citizens from unlawful people who may do harm to society. Way to protect us all from these VILE "KIDS"!
It is a right of passage for kids graduating, but by the same token adults can not condone it or we are sending the wrong message
The 1 article said this would amount to a blip in their records

yes, it's punishable because they broke the law and they were caught

Old 06-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Negative... the counsel/community service route includes a fine

In this particular case (probably due to the amount of people), there were citations. Many arrests have happened on prom weekends for similar events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey