Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 AM

16 posts, read 145,512 times

Advertisements

The Delsea Drive-In in Vineland, NJ is still open. Here is the real link to the drive-in's website: Welcome to the Delsea Drive-In | New Jersey's Only Drive-In Theatre!

My favorite indoor theater has to be the Loew's Jersey in Jersey City: http://www.loewsjersey.org/

Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post

Anyone remember the GRAND old theaters in Jersey City? I remember going to the Lowe's in Jersey City w/ my grandma for the "Disney Summer Festival" back in the 70's and man, it felt like you were going to an event. And the theater was not even in it's Glory Days by a long shot then... but it was still breathtaking. So was the Stanley. I BARELY remember that, I remember seeing DUMBO there when I was about 4 and I remember my grandmother dropping my parents off to see The Sting there.

The Stanley, Lowe's, The State. We went to them almost as much as we went to the DeWitt and Lyceum here in Bayonne.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM

861 posts, read 2,718,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I think there is still a drive in - either in NY or on the NY/NJ border. Anyone know of that?
Didn't scroll through to see if anyone replied to this yet...
But yes, the one you speak of is in Warwick. Its a great place, love it!
Welcome to the Warwick Drive-In Theater (http://webusers.warwick.net/~u1006131/driveinmovie/ - broken link)

Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 AM

250 posts, read 905,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Regal 20 in Burlington NJ and Ritz in Voorhees NJ

Ritz doesn't show children movies but it's quiet clean and seats adjust.

Burlington regal is big
Really you like the Burlington Regal? It's very much a Burlington City crowd. Cops/security guards are needed. And the split stadium seating, with few seats up, aren't very convenient. Theaters are often without heat during the winter also.

I agree with Ritz. It's a nice theater. Ritz Voorhees now shows children movies. Ever since it was bought by National Amusements, which later shut down the Atco theaters.

In the area, Cinemark Somerdale has lower prices than AMC and UA, and I think also National Amusements/Ritz. I'm sure with the Wal-Mart SuperCenter coming up next year to the once dead plaza (except for the theaters), the viability of the Cinemark theater is ensured. The Cherry Hill AMC theaters are nice, but the crowds sometimes are Camden/Pennsauken dominated, and tickets are expensive at AMC. One pretty much needs to go to AAA and get the discounted tix for 14-day old showings.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,817 times
I miss the big old theater in Bergenfield. Used to be one HUGE theater (full stage, domed ceiling).

They divided it in 5 I think. If you get one of the upper theaters, you can still see the original roof, with a partition wall dividing it right up. It really is a shame...

I know they needed the space, but the best places for festivals and marathons were always the big old theaters.

I miss the Festival of Animation..... (+Sick and Twisted!! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey