Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed- the place is already booked for the wedding next year.
I hope it was just that day and not bland food in general. We are portuguese and if you know Portuguese/Spanish food- these people like to eat and eat alot. We know our food and have alot of good restaurants to compare to (Newark- Ironbound).

My prom was about 15 yrs ago so I don't remember the food and probably didn't care much then.

Hope everyone will be happy with it.
Tell them to make an appointment to sample the food; this will give them time to change the venue if they need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 PM

315 posts, read 1,091,855 times
i've attended a couple dinners there that served a thousand people. the food was suprisingly good considering how many people they had to serve. i think you may have gotten an off night. i agree you should sample the menu and if you like it, make sure the same chef is working!
good luck!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,119 times
I'm sorry, if you're doing 200 dollars a plate w/o other costs figured in, you're doing it wrong. Especially in this economy. If you're coming out still in the red after gifts, you've got a major problem.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I'm sorry, if you're doing 200 dollars a plate w/o other costs figured in, you're doing it wrong. Especially in this economy. If you're coming out still in the red after gifts, you've got a major problem.
You are making a very absolute judgement on a very relative subject.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are making a very absolute judgement on a very relative subject.

It's maybe because I'm investigating starting my own wedding planning business, but I would say that most middle-class people who are trying to stretch every dollar they have would find a 200-a-plate wedding BEFORE OTHER COSTS downright offensive.

200/plate It's perfectly fine if you're either having a very small wedding or you're very affluent, but most people aren't very affluent.

Costs of a wedding can spiral out of control very quickly. And considering that dinner at a fancy restaurant doesn't equate to 200/plate, I can't see how a wedding can elevate to that point.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 AM

357 posts, read 285,016 times
congratulations and glad you had a good time. don't worry about the food. it's always nice if it turns out perfectly but i've learned not to expect too much.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,579 times
Smile Beyond my greatest expectations

I had my wedding reception at the Fabulous One & Only Westmount Country Club this past weeked and it was by far the most perfect day of my life. From the moment I booked my wedding I was treated most graciously by everyone there. The Westmount Country Club did an outstanding job. The food was not only presented so beautifully but tasted even better. The cocktail hour had station after station of food being prepared constantly. It was absoutely delicious, five star. The service we all received was top notch. The decor is breathtaking. Our photographer said this is his dream venue, no other like it. Following my reception my phone did not stop ringing with compliments and accolades of the Westmount. Call after call went on to say they have never seen anything like this in their lives. All complimented the food, the service and elegance of the entire affair. I do know one thing, many can try to imitate the Westmount Country Club but can never, ever duplicate it. I have been to numerous places to attend weddings, and so has my family, never, ever have we seen anything like this. Thank you Westmount Country Club, I will always treasure my special day. Many of my friends said I have now set the bar too high for them when their special day comes, they have to do what I did, go to the One & Only, there is no where else like it.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Hello, I am not a big socialite by any means however I do know a few things or two about events, food and service so I am going to give some of my opinions of a wedding at Westmount CC to help others who may be getting married.

First off the place is beautiful!! The cocktail hour rooms is fantastic, great layout for a big wedding and really classy and nice! I mean just beautiful.

Service this was excellent too!! I mean staff on the money, great service.

Presentation the food was presented beautifully again on the money.

Now here is the one BIG negitive. There were tons and I mean tons of choices in food for the cocktail hour. I mean the spread ranged from whole pigs, to sushi, to everything. But it was ALL BLAND AND TASTELESS!!!!! I mean this was a big disappointment. Main meal too again presented great but tasteless. If these guys could step up to the plate and just add a few spices which is not that hard to do they would have a good deal. So unfortunately food in my opinion bad!

Now I know wedding food is not top notch but for all the other great things that this place presented I expected alittle more. I mean it was not even cheap ingredients, seafood was fresh not mushy, but just bland. I mean everything bland.

Overall my dress was great, I pulled this one off, and survived the dreaded dress up episode.
I used to live in the Westmount Village apartments that are on the hills behind Westmount. My (ex)husband and I had gone to a couple of weddings there, and we often thought about just walking over and crashing cocktail hours. I mean, there was so much food, and no one at the cocktail hour knows if you're a friend of the bride or groom or whomever!

Old 08-20-2011, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,514 times
Hello, I am thinking of organizing my wedding there and I am hesitating between the Pleasandale Chateau and the Venitian. Any advice on which place to pick would be appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey