Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:38 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times

Advertisements

Two very very funny houses that show just how far we need to fall before we have "normal" pricing.

#1 Estate Section of Colonia
3 Bedroom 2 Bath Colonial. Houses had lots of character on the outside and had very nice curb appeal. Ok that were it all ends. Kitchen was stuck in the early 80's and the rest of the house was wall papered up in a 70's style. Rooms were not big at all, and the basement was partially finished but honestly would have to be redone to actually spend quality time in it. Taxes 10k Asking price 600k.
#2 Clark,NJ
3 bedroom 2 bath Ranch. Outside of house is nice and the house is surrounded by nice houses. Inside you walk into a plethora of terrible colored rugs. House is pretty much a great stage for "Thats 70's Show".
The house was again a nice space but rugs had to be replaced,wall paper all over the house, kitchen and bathrooms needed to be updated.
Basement was very nice sort of resembled a 1970 bar/lounge. That was actually the nicest part of the house.

Asking price 510k Taxes 11K!!!!!!!

Both houses were gas heat/Radiators and Older Baseboard.

All in all it was great for a few laughs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM

273 posts, read 684,435 times
Those taxes are crazy and the prices - hope the prices come down soon for you. Good Luck

Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM

195 posts, read 1,168,065 times
Thumbs down This is why I'm gettin' the heck out of this state

Are these people stupid? What makes them ask so much for their homes? This is the reason why NJ is turning into California. You have to make well into the six figures to live here.

It's disgusting and heart breaking at the same time. All of our family is here, all of our friends, but we cannot afford to raise our children here because of the disgusting greed that's rampant throughout the NJ real estate market.

You get fleeced on one side of it from the homeowner and real estate, then you get it on the other side from the state...taxes are not just high...they're obscene.

I've had a love/hate relationship with NJ for the past five years. It's time to move on.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times
I am in no rush at all as I have a great situation and can wait this out as long as I want. Of course these two houses seem to be to very very badly priced homes but it happens a lot more then it should these days. You should see the look of the realtors as I show them and explain to them that these sellers are smoking crack with their crazy prices.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,487 times
Yes i know what house you are talking about in the estate section what a piece of garbage. he but i seen a beautiful on the other side with huge rooms and cheap taxes around 7000 and almost 3500 sq feet.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,624 times
LOL. I was looking at real estate web sites the other day and found a brand new, beautiful condo five minutes from the beach in Vero Beach, FL for $90K. Why the hell would ANYONE stay here?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:50 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
LOL. I was looking at real estate web sites the other day and found a brand new, beautiful condo five minutes from the beach in Vero Beach, FL for $90K. Why the hell would ANYONE stay here?
Yeah becuase the only thing in life that is important is cheap housing. Yippeee lets all move to a 90k 1 bed condo. Sounds like so much fun.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:24 AM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
sounds good to me

Old 07-19-2009, 10:25 AM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I am in no rush at all as I have a great situation and can wait this out as long as I want. Of course these two houses seem to be to very very badly priced homes but it happens a lot more then it should these days. You should see the look of the realtors as I show them and explain to them that these sellers are smoking crack with their crazy prices.
they can put their houses up for whatever they want, but these sellers are crazy. probably 1/2 the homes being offered out there have little to no shot of getting sold

Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 AM

249 posts, read 882,554 times
Most of the listings I have seen and that is alot are selling for anywhere from 20,000 to 60,000 under the asking price when they close.I think the housing market in NJ needs a lot more correcting in prices and the Taxes are insane.What can we do here in Nj?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey