Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,197,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
Even though the internet world is a nice place, the real world can also be a warm place if you just reach out. There are plenty of other people out there who are going through similar things so remember that you're not the only one.
I seldom read the NJ threads anymore. However, I did read today and I also wanted to tell you that my prayers are with you and your family.

I also wanted to echo the point that Unknown Memory made. There are several support groups out there where you will find other people who are going through something similar. I would encourage you to seek out a support group, as that may help you (and your father) through these difficult times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:14 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,459,440 times
So sorry to hear about your mother. Try to stay strong for her and your family.

There are support groups available, both online and offline. When my father died several years ago, I joined a Usenet grief group and made quite a few online friends who helped me through the rough time I was having.

Again, sorry about your mother. My thoughts will be with you.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey123 View Post
I seldom read the NJ threads anymore. However, I did read today and I also wanted to tell you that my prayers are with you and your family.

I also wanted to echo the point that Unknown Memory made. There are several support groups out there where you will find other people who are going through something similar. I would encourage you to seek out a support group, as that may help you (and your father) through these difficult times.
thank you for coming and reading my posts. I plan on hitting a meeting, banging some weights, and looking for any kind of group. Thanks again!

Old 08-02-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Ok, I'll take that as you telling me I was right. devilish grin
I knew quitting at this point was going to be hard as heck for you.
If it will make you feel better, open up a DM to me and get it out.
You want to vent or scream, I'm here.

I'm glad they figured out her dose wasn't right.
Tell your dad to keep it in mind if she isn't comfortable.
It could get that what she now has is too much as her body shuts down.

Do you feel you need to be at the hospital with your dad?
If so, go. I'm sure he would welcome that.

I hope she continues to be at peace.

extra hugs for you Marilyn, give some to your dad too.

you know you are special to me!!!! Thanks, a good night sleep helped alot. I just called my Dad and he is a mess. He said he is going mentally thru his whole life, cant sleep and to be honest, I get what he is saying but we are going to have to deal with it, and he is definately in the victim role today!!! I am steering clear of him today. He is a mess, and I got my own feelings and crap to deal with. Look its going to be up and down, I kinda just want this to end at this point Mom is not in terrible pain or on some damn good drugs, lets hope this just does not get worse. The realization that she will never come home has hit, she knows she is dying and lets just get it over with. Boy I am getting angry again and that lashing out is coming back so I better leave and go bang some iron. Thanks I will keep you filled in.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,980 times
Umm I am just sitting here and all of this reminds me of my own situation with my DaD 4 years ago. I can only say try to be strong and please say everything you ever wanted to say. Sometimes we forget to say Thank you. When I sit around and talk about my dad with people and explain what a great father he was to me, I wish I could have Thanked him for and every thing. The trips to NY, Sunday Drives,Playing Sports with me, Disney World, teaching me soo many great things. Some times we overlook the little things but honestly those are the things I remember soo much. Please be strong and remember all the good times.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,910,103 times
Sorry to hear about your Mom. I lost my Mom about a year ago in a similar fashion. She too was the first close family member that I've lost and it was hard. However, time has helped and there has been plenty of good memories to recall her better times than the way she left us. Dad is doing okay, but I know he hurts everyday. Be strong. It sounds like you are doing exactly what you should be doing. Good luck and God bless you and your loved ones.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
you know you are special to me!!!! Thanks, a good night sleep helped alot. I just called my Dad and he is a mess. He said he is going mentally thru his whole life, cant sleep and to be honest, I get what he is saying but we are going to have to deal with it, and he is definately in the victim role today!!! I am steering clear of him today. He is a mess, and I got my own feelings and crap to deal with. Look its going to be up and down, I kinda just want this to end at this point Mom is not in terrible pain or on some damn good drugs, lets hope this just does not get worse. The realization that she will never come home has hit, she knows she is dying and lets just get it over with. Boy I am getting angry again and that lashing out is coming back so I better leave and go bang some iron. Thanks I will keep you filled in.
Marilyn, you know I understand this situation with your mom..
You do what you have to do. If it means you have to step back from your dad today, you do what you have to for you.

I will send some energy your way..
Hopefully she will go to sleep at some point today or tomorrow.
From what you've said, I don't doubt it can happen by tomorrow.

Thoughts for a peaceful passing.

hugs.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 AM

145 posts, read 849,469 times
Hugs to you, I know how hard it is, have gone through the same. You can never show or give too much love. I am glad you will have the opportunity to spend time with your Mom. Many people just do not know what to do in these circumstances. Just forget it for now and concentrate on your Mom. I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Marilyn, someone posted this in one of the cancer posts in Health, thought I'd pass it along to you

SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF APPROACHING DEATH

Old 08-02-2009, 02:37 PM

well my sister and brother in law, and neice, along with dad went today. They told me to come tommorrow too many people in the room. We have a day or two or three left. Her color is now really bad (liver gone) Dad said a few more days thats it. So I will report back with the death of my mother and try to be normal.

Thanks all, I am ok today, mentally not as crazy as yesterday.

Enjoy life while you can, live life like everyday is the last because basically we are all dying. I plan on living life to the fullest.

I will also add that this was a ****#y year, it basically sucked and hope the next year is better. I have managed to gain control over somethings in my life (no smoking), cranked the exercise way up so this is all good however its been a rough year.

well im going to the nursing home tommorrow , I will report back on this post after she passes.

Thanks everyone, Im tough, lets pray for DAD!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: