Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,695,786 times

Advertisements

According to Eric Scott and Eric Johnson, our "esteemed" governor has decided not to debate Christie on NJ 101.5.

I can see the Governor's point - that 101.5 has been bashing him non-stop - but it's a cowardly move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,922,297 times
I also understand why he wouldn't like 101.5, but if his record wasn't so bad, they wouldn't have a reason to trash him in the first place. I think he's hoping to score a debate on NJN or maybe a joint NBC4/NBC10 debate where lefty reporters will lob him some slow pitches to hit out of the park so he doesn't have to address his real record.

Corzine taking live calls from the public on 101.5 would be a train wreck.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:09 AM

636 posts, read 1,425,378 times
If my policies and record were as horrendous as Corzine's, I'd run and hide, too.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,957,944 times
So what? I respect that. If he doesn't think its in his best interest to go on there, why should he? He's probably calculated that the voters he needs to win don't listen to it so it would be as useful as talking to a wall.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 AM

636 posts, read 1,425,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
So what? I respect that. If he doesn't think its in his best interest to go on there, why should he? He's probably calculated that the voters he needs to win don't listen to it so it would be as useful as talking to a wall.
You respect not being able to defend your policies and record? Awesome standards.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:21 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,128,925 times
Guys, come on.

Would Obama go on Hannity? He is not looking for additional conflicts. SO while this does not say anything for him positively, refusing a debate for a station that smashes him is 100% in character.

What, you WANT him to have a debate on a station that is trashing him? Wouldn't it just be easier to give the station owner/managers money directly?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:33 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,922,297 times
I agree, it would be worse for him to go on that station and get his arse handed to him than to just deal with the criticism of turning down the appearance. Usually, only the Republicans make such dumb decisions, like Sarah Palin throwing herself to the wolves at NBC and ABC News last fall.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,695,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Guys, come on.

Would Obama go on Hannity? He is not looking for additional conflicts. SO while this does not say anything for him positively, refusing a debate for a station that smashes him is 100% in character.

What, you WANT him to have a debate on a station that is trashing him? Wouldn't it just be easier to give the station owner/managers money directly?
Because there's two distinct components to 101.5 - the "talk" part - and the "news" part.

It would be Eric Scott moderating the debate, not one of the personalities.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:04 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,962,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Guys, come on.
Would Obama go on Hannity? .....
No, he picks venues like Letterman and "The View".

That said, what is Gov Corzine afraid of? Being asked tough questions?

He wants to continue being CEO of NJ, doesn't he?

If he's afraid of a news anchor on 101.5, how will he deal with corrupt political machines, overly powerful public worker's unions and a fiscal condition that is racing California to hit the bottom of the barrel.

Take your sac out of your girlfriend's purse, get on the air and tell us why we should re-hire you.

You made lofty promises last election about changing "the way NJ does business".

WTF happened to that promise?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:33 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,128,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
Because there's two distinct components to 101.5 - the "talk" part - and the "news" part.

It would be Eric Scott moderating the debate, not one of the personalities.

Still, a station gets a lot of its ratings by bashing him. They earn money from ratings. Would you want to be helping some station that makes money making your life difficult?

I am not judging the station here, just trying to get you to see where he might be coming from......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey