Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Jon Corzine 22 23.40%
Chris Christie 49 52.13%
Chris Daggett 10 10.64%
I WILL NOT VOTE! 13 13.83%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM

173 posts, read 818,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Could someone tell me exactly how is NJ fairing so much worse then other states in the union? Its an honest question, I thought all states were suffering? Havent our taxes always been high relative to other states? Or did this just start now? Nobody wants to help me out. I dont get it.
Our state debt is one of the highest of the other states in the union and Corzine has not done enough to address this problem. I am not saying he caused this but as the boss he should have done more to fix it. There are some hard fixes that have to be made and Corzine does not seem to have either the stomach or the capabilities to tackle the debt problem. I voted for Christie today, reluctantly. First time I ever voted Republican for Gov.

Respect to all -- people vote for different people for different reasons. There's no right or wrong - just different judgment calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:21 PM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Not that this is a scientific observation, or an indication of what's happening statewide or even in my district, but I couldn't help but notice that my polling place in Jersey City was a ghost town this morning.

That's because the dead in Hudson County are the big voters hence "ghost town"...lol

Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM

52 posts, read 196,109 times
re: ghost town comment...

When an election is in an "off year" (ie: the President is not being elected), voter turnout tends to be even lower than usual. Plus, those in lower income areas tend to have a lower voter turnout as well (lack of transportation, being told they will be be arrested, unable to miss work, etc). That could explain the "ghost town" at your polling place.

oh, and on topic with the question, I voted for Corzine.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:52 PM

49 posts, read 124,090 times
I voted for Christie

Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Most states have obviously been affected by the recession, although some are certainly doing better than others. Didn't Jon Corzine suggest moving to North Dakota?

Not that there's anything wrong with North Dakota. In fact I think North Dakota and Texas have a budget surplus, although I may be wrong.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
Jon Corzine. As an ex-marine and a former CEO of Goldman Sachs, he has the best experience to run this state.
Yeah it has shown so far.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:12 PM

146 posts, read 625,890 times
Christie.
I do not get people who vote for someone based on the (D) next to their name and for no other good reason. What has Corzine done for this state that is actually helpful to it's residents (ie not just him and his cronies).

On another note, is there any feedback on turnout/exit polls at all?

Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,636,973 times
I just watched a report on the local state news about the election, in which one of their reporters was sent out to a district in Bergen County to inquire as to how everyone voted.

One Hispanic woman, middle aged, leaving the polls said "I voted for Corzine because he do good for New Jersey" - Yes, I'm glad that all the illiterates and dregs are coming out to support their man.

What has Corzine actually done that has been at all positive? Zip. Zero. Nothing.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I just watched a report on the local state news about the election, in which one of their reporters was sent out to a district in Bergen County to inquire as to how everyone voted.

One Hispanic woman, middle aged, leaving the polls said "I voted for Corzine because he do good for New Jersey" - Yes, I'm glad that all the illiterates and dregs are coming out to support their man.

What has Corzine actually done that has been at all positive? Zip. Zero. Nothing.
All these illierates know is that their kid is getting a garbage state education and they have enough income to survive and Corzine was seen on t.v. with an endorsement by Prophet Obama (PBUH). BTW I never knew Corzine was a former CEO of Goldman Sachs? If so its no surprise what he's doing to n.j.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 PM

173 posts, read 818,654 times
[quote=ReluctantGardenStater;11467952]I just watched a report on the

quote]

They interviewed people who couldn't read? Are they even allowed to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey