Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanity23 View Post
One day going to work one of them passed me on the shoulder on the nj turnpike.
I'm glad someone else brought this up. When I lived in NJ, it was pretty common for people to pass on the shoulder of the roads. Unbelieveable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 PM

324 posts, read 669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
You come to the state of New Jersey for shopping.You come for the beaches. You come for Great Adventure and you drive like idiots. I am looking forward to the summer but it seems like the bad drivers are out of the woodwork with the warmer weather and Great adventure being open. I cannot even count how many times ive been cut off, been illegally passed and so on. I understand that you come to this state because of all the great things it has to offer but please drive like sane people. I thought alot of New Jersey drivers were aggressive but Pennsylvania, you take the cake.
Many of the drivers might be from NJ, just because they have a PA license plate an assumption shouldn't be made they are from PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Do a quick google search on which states have the worst drivers. NJ is usually pretty bad.
Wrong! NJ drivers have one of the lowest car crash ratios per capita.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
my old neighbor in Philly used to tell me that she is allowed to sit in any lane she wishes. And she will not speed.. In fact she drives under the speed limit cause she a safe driver.. honest. She actually believes this.
Some States (NY is one I believe) actually have a speed minimum as well as a maximum. Go under 45 or so and you get a ticket.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:44 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
my old neighbor in Philly used to tell me that she is allowed to sit in any lane she wishes. And she will not speed.. In fact she drives under the speed limit cause she a safe driver.. honest. She actually believes this.
In the wrong lane, this is a death wish. Personally, I HATE how P.A. Moderator cut: Language clog up route 55 and Delsea every summer Traffic was once backed up to Wildwood for FOUR HOURS (normally it takes an hour to get there) because of one accident!!

Also, I've only a few times seen someone pass on the shoulder, and that was when traffic was at a standstill.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-31-2010 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 03-31-2010, 09:40 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,953 times
Thumbs down Route 537

On any given Saturday or Sunday along Route 537, you will see many many out of state license plates making illegal u-turns near Great Adventure and attenpting to make a left hand turn into the Outlets (ignoring the FIVE signs that state NO LEFT TURN)
I've lived in this area for 5 yrs and I have seen countless accidents which clearly involve out-of-state vehicles and the two tourist attractions; Great Adventure & the Jackson Outlets. WTH? Not to overlook that god-forsaken intersection near Java Moon.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 AM

445 posts, read 1,984,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
On any given Saturday or Sunday along Route 537, you will see many many out of state license plates making illegal u-turns near Great Adventure and attenpting to make a left hand turn into the Outlets (ignoring the FIVE signs that state NO LEFT TURN)
I've lived in this area for 5 yrs and I have seen countless accidents which clearly involve out-of-state vehicles and the two tourist attractions; Great Adventure & the Jackson Outlets. WTH? Not to overlook that god-forsaken intersection near Java Moon.
I know exactly what you mean. I just moved to Cream Ridge and its pretty bad over by great adventure and the outlet mall. I get cut off all the time at Java moon intersection. People are impatient and cant wait till traffic clears. The worst is going on 537 west by great adventure where the road widens and then turns back into one lane. All the idiots speed over in the right lane and cut in front of you, even though they get stuck behind the car in front. They gained like 2 seconds on their trip. Idiots.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:22 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,379,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
In the wrong lane, this is a death wish. Personally, I HATE how P.A. Moderator cut: Language clog up route 55 and Delsea every summer Traffic was once backed up to Wildwood for FOUR HOURS (normally it takes an hour to get there) because of one accident!!
But if you're on 55 too, aren't you part of the problem?

(Incidentally, as a person who learned to drive in PA, I have no problem at all with this topic. A lot of people take pride in how their home state drives. I don't. PA has the highest proportion of left-lane blockers I've seen. Then just when you give up and start moving to the right to pass, they move right too! Jersey drivers tend to be aggressive, but I'd much rather drive near an aggressive driver with lane discipline than a passive driver who's completely unpredictable.)

Old 04-01-2010, 10:31 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
But if you're on 55 too, aren't you part of the problem?

(Incidentally, as a person who learned to drive in PA, I have no problem at all with this topic. A lot of people take pride in how their home state drives. I don't. PA has the highest proportion of left-lane blockers I've seen. Then just when you give up and start moving to the right to pass, they move right too! Jersey drivers tend to be aggressive, but I'd much rather drive near an aggressive driver with lane discipline than a passive driver who's completely unpredictable.)
No, because I go out of my way to avoid the traffic during the summer while trying to go about about my daily business.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,953 times
Talking Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I just moved to Cream Ridge and its pretty bad over by great adventure and the outlet mall. I get cut off all the time at Java moon intersection. People are impatient and cant wait till traffic clears. The worst is going on 537 west by great adventure where the road widens and then turns back into one lane. All the idiots speed over in the right lane and cut in front of you, even though they get stuck behind the car in front. They gained like 2 seconds on their trip. Idiots.
Welcome to Cream Ridge.
have you heard about the 9.88% school tax increase they are trying to pass? But that's off topic so I shouldn't mention that...oops..

The traffic & stoopid driver problems that plague rt 537 are mostly on the weekends. I say mostly. We have learned how & when to avoid these disaster areas. Check the GA website for concerts & avoid during those days/nights. In particular the "boom-boom bass" vehicles truly annoy me but nothing is funnier to see than those groups of young people (not saying who) that WALK along rt 537 to get to Burger King & McDonalds & Wawa....

Old 04-01-2010, 01:18 PM

445 posts, read 1,984,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Welcome to Cream Ridge.
have you heard about the 9.88% school tax increase they are trying to pass? But that's off topic so I shouldn't mention that...oops..

The traffic & stoopid driver problems that plague rt 537 are mostly on the weekends. I say mostly. We have learned how & when to avoid these disaster areas. Check the GA website for concerts & avoid during those days/nights. In particular the "boom-boom bass" vehicles truly annoy me but nothing is funnier to see than those groups of young people (not saying who) that WALK along rt 537 to get to Burger King & McDonalds & Wawa....

yeah i did notice all the teens that walk along 537. Traffic around great adventure and the outlet mall was really bad this afternoon. Mostly New york plates.Traffic was backed up from Francis mills rd to the 195 going west. I mostly take back roads on nice days like today because of mad rush for GA. I'm not sure which town you are talking about for the tax increase. A good chunk of Cream Ridge is in Upper Freehold twp. I am in the part of Cream Ridge that is in Plumsted Twp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey