Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times

Advertisements

N.J. State Police looks the other way after fellow trooper drinks and drives | - NJ.com

Glad to see this woman is still working as a state trooper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Default Stay Strong

I can't believe how many numbnuts are running around trying to storm Dr Frohnkensteen's castle on some of the other sites over this.
I'm glad she got over this and this happened over 2 years ago anyway. Also without any documentable evidence this is all hearsay by now.

Everybody deserves a break at times too. I'm not a cop but have received my share of breaks years ago too. It works out better that way for all. I never even asked for any breaks, it just goes with the flow. A lot of it happens because you treat the officers with respect and honesty. Often they treat you the same way. Either way this is old history, water over the dam a long time ago.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM

66 posts, read 194,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I can't believe how many numbnuts are running around trying to storm Dr Frohnkensteen's castle on some of the other sites over this.
I'm glad she got over this and this happened over 2 years ago anyway. Also without any documentable evidence this is all hearsay by now.

Everybody deserves a break at times too. I'm not a cop but have received my share of breaks years ago too. It works out better that way for all. I never even asked for any breaks, it just goes with the flow. A lot of it happens because you treat the officers with respect and honesty. Often they treat you the same way. Either way this is old history, water over the dam a long time ago.
This Trooper should be out work or sitting behind a desk. Never behind the wheel of car. Shame on NJ State Police.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:10 AM

158 posts, read 589,990 times
Quote:

What a crock! If this happened to anybody but a police officer, their lives would be ruined both financially from the extensive court and legal costs, fines, and increased insurance in addition to their quality of life as they would surely lose their priviledge to drive for some period of time. When that happens, you either have to pay for a car service to work or lose your job.

The just-US system at it's finest.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM

392 posts, read 842,086 times
Letting her go for speeding fine. I understand professional courtesy.

Drunk driving is a different matter. All the officers involved should be charge criminally for dereliction of their duties to uphold the law and protect the public's safety.

With no penalty, obviously she thought she could do this time and time again. DISGUSTING.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
Letting her go for speeding fine. I understand professional courtesy.

Drunk driving is a different matter. All the officers involved should be charge criminally for dereliction of their duties to uphold the law and protect the public's safety.

With no penalty, obviously she thought she could do this time and time again. DISGUSTING.
Agreed...at what point does she finally get charged?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Years ago when I used to drink it happened to me a few times. I'm not a cop either. Sometimes the cops would apologize for pulling me over and tell me to get out of there before I got in trouble. Even in other states the cops offered to take my keys away until the next day when I could pick them up at the cop shoppe. I think everyone deserves a break. Only people who are belligerent or similar should be charged. You deserve a break too.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times
Quote:
Years ago when I used to drink it happened to me a few times. I'm not a cop either. Sometimes the cops would apologize for pulling me over and tell me to get out of there before I got in trouble. Even in other states the cops offered to take my keys away until the next day when I could pick them up at the cop shoppe. I think everyone deserves a break. Only people who are belligerent or similar should be charged. You deserve a break too.
I agree but I really doubt this female cop is giving anybody a break.

Even getting pulled over 10 times in 14 months is crazy. I have been pulled over 1 time in the last 50,000 miles since i got my new car. Im sure she was drunk for some of those times as well, but they just didnt write it up as such...

Old 04-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Well then it gets into speculation and maybe's. If you are a local and the locals know you, often they may pull you over just to say hello and ensure everything is ok. Otherwise they may pull people over for any reason at all. Doesn't necessarily mean anyone was inebriated at the time. About a half century ago I was a typical young NJ driver with about 43 points on my license and most people I knew had about the same. Just the way it WAS back then. Luckily that was before the days of surcharges too, and I still got cheap insurance rates at the time, somehow. She may have been pulled over just for DWW or DWT, driving while white or driving while being a trooper.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Quote:

I agree with certain breaks...but at what point is the line finally drawn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: