Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 PM

6 posts, read 18,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
Federal, state, and local services ALL suffered greatly because of these ill-advised GOP tax cuts.
When the tax money dried up, do you seriously think the upper-income brackets took much of a hit?
Plus, our children will be paying off the two GWB wars for years to come!

I'll vote Republican.....when pigs fly!!

Steve
I really hope you're trolling...

Pointing the finger at anyone party or politician is ignorant at best. The simple fact is that both sides are equally responsible for the financial crisis we are in. The Republicans for uncontrolled spending, and the Democrats for uncontrolled spending. I happen to be for smaller government, and putting jobs in the private sector, not saying "We are creating jobs", yet a great number of them are government jobs. A lot of the "stimulus" money is completely mismanaged on all levels, again the responsibility of both republicans and democrats.

Democrat and Republican candidates build their campaigns on the failures of the other party, and attempt to draw a blatant line between the two. Not voting for a Republican simply because they are Republican, or visa versa, is completely ignorant, and shows nothing but a complete lack of understanding of politics and the world in general. Vote based on what you believe is best for you, your city, county, state, country. Do not vote based on the letter that is in front of a candidates name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
So, she's for states' rights except when she's not.

Martinez has high hopes for repeal of medical marijuana « New Mexico Independent

Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, that made me SO angry!!! Marijuana is NOT bad to start out with anyway! Especially for medical purposes. It's often the only thing that can keep people with an adequate appetite to be able to eat. In my eyes, it's just heartless... Especially considering almost the entire Senate and the state's population are FOR medical marijuana, I don't see how she can be against it. Especially since she's supposedly for state's rights.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Yeah, that made me SO angry!!! Marijuana is NOT bad to start out with anyway! Especially for medical purposes. It's often the only thing that can keep people with an adequate appetite to be able to eat. In my eyes, it's just heartless... Especially considering almost the entire Senate and the state's population are FOR medical marijuana, I don't see how she can be against it. Especially since she's supposedly for state's rights.
She's a politician. She must be working some angle.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
In my eyes, it is more heartless to raise state income taxes on productive people. I know I am in the minority though.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
In my eyes, it is more heartless to raise state income taxes on productive people. I know I am in the minority though.
When there's a shortfall, the budget needs to be balanced. More taxes or less spending, both hard pills to swallow. I would like to see detailed plans from both candidates on how they intend to balance the budget. My guess would be that both candidates' plans (if they have any) would cater to their supporters.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:53 PM

4,866 posts, read 4,804,405 times
Last time I checked, NM ranked 6th or 7th highest in state expenditures per capita. There's plenty of room for spending cuts before taxes need to be raised.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Last time I checked, NM ranked 6th or 7th highest in state expenditures per capita. There's plenty of room for spending cuts before taxes need to be raised.
. . . and I'm sure there are many differing opinions on where those cuts should be made. I want to hear details.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:47 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It's always perplexed me how restaurants, or any small business, in fact, would aid a Democrat party politician. The interests of small business (limited government and profit) are adverse to that of liberalism (big government and dimunition of profit).
Especially O'Reillys... they are owned by a more conservative force. Especially the one in Farmington.

I'm having a hard time believing this one.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:11 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Especially O'Reillys... they are owned by a more conservative force. Especially the one in Farmington.

I'm having a hard time believing this one.
Oops. I meant O'Neil's Pub in Nob Hill. Always say O'reillys and confuse the H-E-double hockey sticks outta people. Anyhow, if you're still doubting whether the event took place, here's the Facebook Event page... I was there. Pretty great place to be, if you're into politics that is. If you're not into politics, you probably wouldn't be reading this thread, I imagine. Login | Facebook <--You may have to log into your facebook profile to view this page...

Of course, this event is over, but there are many more you're welcome to come to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico