Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New Mexicans: Would you vote in favor of legalizing recreational marijuana in NM?
Yes 53 60.23%
No 35 39.77%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:07 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times

Advertisements

@sobefobik,

All valid issues you have but they seem to be more with people and your concern about giving inconsiderate ones something additional to be inconsiderate about. I feel for you but I don't think those are just reasons to keep mj illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 06:18 PM

850 posts, read 3,717,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
@sobefobik,

All valid issues you have but they seem to be more with people and your concern about giving inconsiderate ones something additional to be inconsiderate about. I feel for you but I don't think those are just reasons to keep mj illegal.
There are other reasons, like health effects. But I wasn't going to go into that because people don't seem to care about the long-term effects. Perhaps I wouldn't mind as much if others were more considerate and followed their non-smoking contractual agreement.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:36 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,779,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
@sobefobik,

The Poll Question was: New Mexicans: Would you vote in favor of legalizing recreational marijuana in NM?

I voted...

sobefobik, gave his opinion.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,201 times
I'm quite sure it would stop a lot of the criminal activity.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:50 PM

707 posts, read 750,953 times
Default New Mexicans: Would you vote in favor of legalizing recreational marijuana in NM?

Hello! ¡Hola! Ya'at'eeh! This has been a hot topic as of late, and I want to hear your opinions on the past, current, and potential futures of cannabis prohibition in the state. We sit at a political, and geographical, boundary between two great extremes, Colorado to the north, who you all know ended prohibition in 2012, and Texas to the south and east, who are likely to keep it prohibited at the state level long after the federal government has ended its prohibition. Where does that put Our Land of Enchantment? Will change in office lead to change in policies? How do you feel about political officials putting there own values over the voting majority? What are the perceived pros and cons of prohibition on Our people and fledgling economy?

Discuss!

Old 03-10-2015, 10:38 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
As someone who smoked way too much pot when I was pre-legal age and probably did myself some damage, I still think it should not be illegal for adults. I rarely partake in it now but I still think its better to harm yourself than be harmed by the legal system.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I did not vote as I am not yet living in New Mexico but I would like to say I am indifferent about the recreational use of MJ however I strongly support the medical use of the stuff. There is growing evidence that Marijuana is an effective drug in treating cancer directly and chemotherapy nausea as well as slowing the advance of Alzheimer's disease.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
I agree, GregW, as a Respiratory Therapist I cannot support anyone taking the drug in through smoking it. I can consider it's effectiveness in battling cancer and as a relaxant as opposed to alcohol use. I would advise using it in baked goods, for instance. Pretty common stand I take - I just know that data supports marijuana smoke as being very, very harmful to the lungs. Once the lungs are damaged they can try to come back to full usefulness but it just doesn't happen.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:23 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Smoking anything from combusted diesel oil fumes from a big engine to the residual from a burning building including tobacco and marijuana is damaging to the lungs. I can barely tolerate my neighbor's wood stove smoke on a calm night.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:51 PM

707 posts, read 750,953 times
There are delivery methods available that require neither baking nor the combustion of plant matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico