Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 PM

382 posts, read 1,227,732 times

Advertisements

What has he done wrong? Is there a limit to post size here?

He recently stated that he was working 80 hours a week on his campaign. He has effectively been running for President since he was elected. He cannot possibly address the concerns of New Mexico when he is never here. Who is looking after NM? Is he getting paid his salary to run for President. Furthermore, I don't care how good his resume is with respect to foreign policy, because NM is part of the US. What are his domestic policy qualifications? Domenici has done more for NM with his support for the labs (which drive our economy, by the way) than Richardson could ever hope to accomplish.

Drivers licenses for illegals.
$1 billion train to nowhere.
Spaceport waste.
GRIP waste.
Exemption of NMGRT on food (which was made up for by taxes in other areas)
One of the worst public educational systems in the nation.
Appointment of unqualified employees to public positions.

Rather than ask what he has done wrong, what has he done to benefit the State? Is NM better off now than it was when he was elected due to his actions or policies? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM

382 posts, read 1,227,732 times
What about now after NH? How long can he continue?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:01 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
...Not for long I guess - they're reporting that he just dropped out of the race.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Yah its a shame but he didnt stand a chance over they strong and powerful woman who cries at the right time and the golden boy.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
I wonder if his running for prez will affect how he governs here. In an interview reciently he said he has a different perspective on things after spending so much time in other states like Iowa and New Hampshire etc...and seeing how their governments and the people/citizens interact in those states to solve problems.....

Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,005,078 times
Oadad is somewhat right. But, Bill R. does not have the experience. I believe that this is a minor and expensive advertisment for NM.
Growth is bound to happen, but, don't push it. The "Spaceport" should be funded directly by those who are building it. The locals don't really care, not going to bring that much into tourism. Re: the RR,like in Wa., the whole state pays for the west side ferry system; the fares collected do not buy boats.
I say Bill is Gov. and needs to be Gov. and do what the state needs and people need.
Not raising taxes, or paying for things not needed.
Bringing people into the state will happen, as there is lots of good, viable land that will get developed and people will be paying taxes, not high taxes. Too many folks here cannot have what they would like, low pay etc. They just get by. Abq. has its police problems, not because there are not people who would love to work as a APD officer, but, low pay. Same with State Police. Ok, off the subject: Bill get back to work.
HW

Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
...Not for long I guess - they're reporting that he just dropped out of the race.
Gov. Richardson will be making a formal announcement today (Thursday, 10 January) that he will be concluding his candidacy for the Presidency in 2008. Too bad, Gov. Richardson was the most qualified candidate, experience wise, he just didn't have the "media aura" that is now expected of our candidates for high public office. He wasn't into the Hillary crying gig which I had to turn off as it was turning my stomach!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
He is more experienced than the two front runners though. Obama is fresh and Hilary's experience is being the wife of a president!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 PM

203 posts, read 714,363 times
Default Bankrupt NM?

NM has had tremendous budget surpluses during Richardson's tenure.
Here's a few of his other accomplishments:
1. Established the Rail Runner commuter rail system. To those who complain that user fees don't fully cover cost- show me the profit generated by I-25 and I-40... include costs of state police patrol, repairs and state money paid to victims of uninsured and drunk drivers...
2. Negotiated with oil/gas companies a workable compromises protecting sensitive areas, such as Otero Mesa, from drilling in exchange for more permits on less endangered state land... while increasing extraction fees and royalties paid to the state
3. Established NM as a movie/tv production center. While the tax credits and investment program have yet to break even, the state has a net gain from private investment in studios, post production facilities, jobs and tourism. And now Spielberg/Lucas are building a major special effects studio here.
4. With great skill, Richardson has maneuvered out of action some very powerful and corrupt state politicos. No names... until the jury comes in.

I ain't saying Bill is perfect... but if you are gonna complain... be specific and factual

Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Oadad is somewhat right. But, Bill R. does not have the experience. I believe that this is a minor and expensive advertisment for NM.
Growth is bound to happen, but, don't push it. The "Spaceport" should be funded directly by those who are building it. The locals don't really care, not going to bring that much into tourism. Re: the RR,like in Wa., the whole state pays for the west side ferry system; the fares collected do not buy boats.
I say Bill is Gov. and needs to be Gov. and do what the state needs and people need.
Not raising taxes, or paying for things not needed.
Bringing people into the state will happen, as there is lots of good, viable land that will get developed and people will be paying taxes, not high taxes. Too many folks here cannot have what they would like, low pay etc. They just get by. Abq. has its police problems, not because there are not people who would love to work as a APD officer, but, low pay. Same with State Police. Ok, off the subject: Bill get back to work.
HW
Bill Richardson has more experience in more very important areas than any other single candidate....how can you lead off your criticisms with that?
Let's see...experience in international and domestic energy industries and policies via his time as US Energy Secretary. Anyone else have any...any? OK, Dubya ran an oil company into the ground, but that's it. And, what's going to be more important in the next decade than energy?
14 years in Congress....sitting on the House Energy committee, Interior committee and Intelligence...all providing hands on oversight and experience in these diverse and important fields.
Representing his country at the UN. Years of experience in international relations, treaties and agreements. Not only that, but even after his term at the UN he continued to be involved in diplomacy with some of our toughest foes in dangerous areas, and repeatedly put himself on the line to bring Americans caught up in tough situations home. Nothing wrong with being on the ground in Africa, the Middle East, China, SE Asia and other flashpoints. Look what happens when we elect a President who can't find Iraq on a map until his VP shows him.
The campaign is over...he's called a halt to it and wisely so....but don't pull the "no experience" card here, it's a loser.
His national exposure is far more than a "minor" advertisement for New Mexico...and, "expensive" for whom? His time spent and the accrued benefits are a bargain....at relatively little cost to New Mexican taxpayers.
If the Spaceport should be built by users, so should every airport in the USA. How many are? None...anywhere. This is not to say the Spaceport isn't a risk, because it is. I just think it's one worth taking. I'm sure Sandia Labs and Los Alamos were pipedreams at some point, too.
There's plenty of "good, viable land" in every state.....that's not what brings in tourism, business investment and the growth of good jobs. We're not trying to attract farmers here, at least they're not a priority.
Law enforcement and other public sector wages are paid by tax money...want to pay cops more, pay more taxes.
Bill, get back to work. The goverment's in session.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico