Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:42 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,030,715 times

Advertisements

catman has asked my question: Where are you in NM, DesertPeace?

Congratulations! Glad you got there safely! I hope you are enjoying getting to know your new state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 05:16 PM

203 posts, read 714,509 times
Welcome, bienvenidos, DesertPeace, may your handle becomes your reality...

Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,987 times
Welcome to NM, Desertpeace! Where in NM did you end up?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:58 AM

576 posts, read 2,308,533 times
Welcome, Desert Peace, to warm and friendly New Mexico! We are New Englanders too and just made our move from New Hampshire last June. We ended up in Clovis, which surprised us some (job opportunity for my husband). Guess what? We are getting fonder of Clovis all the time, especially as we meet more people.

Hope your experience goes well, too. You can't beat the nice weather and sunshine, especially when you hear about those poor people back East, shoveling and shoveling and shoveling...

~clairz

Old 02-10-2008, 01:03 PM

6 posts, read 33,350 times
Default Another NE ex-pat

We are from Boston, and have the lovely choice of living anywhere we wish west of the Mississippi, near-ish an airport. After a false start elsewhere, and looking at tons of places, we've come to New Mexico.

Catman, simply: try to come. I could live on the Oregon Coast, or Bozeman, MT, Cali ... this is the place. I chose NM in part because there are NOT as many separations between people of different ethnicities and income levels. I don't want, nor need, a gated community (though I could afford one).

What I love is:
- affordability
- lack of pretense
- tremendous natural beauty
- three cultures with hundreds of years of history (hispanic, indigenous, anglo)
- climate

I could have stayed in Boston, too, with a fair income level there. But after some recent trips to NYC and Boston, I realized after a few hours I couldn't wait to get back "home" to New Mexico.

I haven't stopped rooting for the Red Sox, but it sure didn't take me long to get my driver's license with the roadrunner.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:19 PM

7 posts, read 30,003 times
Default New Mexixo small village

Any Ideas on some place about 40 minutes out of ALBQ going all directions execpt East.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:40 PM

99 posts, read 265,760 times
Wink Thanks for the welcome message

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Congrats...Your going to love NM...
We have been here since the 14th of Jan and I can honestly say that I am completly happy. New Mexico is definatly the Land of Enchantment. Can't wait to adventure more.J

Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Wink No Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Great!!! Welcome to New Mexico......I've been enjoying it too, even if I am a little disappointed in so little snow, but I'll get over it! The weather has been just gorgeous, hasn't it??
Dear Cathy4017, can't say that I will ever miss the snow, I think the weather is wonderful, warm sunny days, colder at night-great for sleeping, I love my blankets. After all I am from Rhode Island and the weather has been and usually is horrible during the winter, our family is suffering! I try not to rub it in too much how great it is here!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:47 PM

Wink So Many Friendly Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Bent View Post
Congratulations!

If anyone is missing snow, come north and get some. We have more than enough. But this is New mexico and the sun fixes everything..
I thank you too David, and actually I would really like to check it out up there, I'm in Las Cruces. I lived in Wyoming for a few months once and even though it snowed a lot, it was dry like here and it was pretty cool, not like the east coast kind of cold, oh and thanks for the welcome.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopelp View Post
Congrats! That sounds wonderful.
Thanks, and smiles to you!J
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico