Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 07:42 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Being born colorblind has nothing to do with this, it has simply to do with illegals and our country..Anyone here legally whether born here or immagrants are not a concern for most of us, illegals are. Is the country working on a worker program? Heck how do I know, they are working on something new everyday, what they worked on last Wednesday might be a deal issue today.

As for the welfare state, I think we all know welfare is a mess, but that is not a reason to add insult to injury. Your reasoning as to what caused the government assistance programs to fail is so out of wack. Lots of things caused it, welfare has been an issue and a problem since God only know when.

Can we stop all illegal entrees, of course not, but we can certainly do more than we are doing and yes, we can send some of them back as we should. Giving up never solved problems.

One of your parents came here illegally during the war? What war, the civil, one of the world wars, Nam or what? I hope he/she had a better life but this does not make it right. We might all have ansesters that came over illegally, still isn't right, plus in the days of immegration from Europe people who came to America did not go on welfare..

"We need immigrate workers as much as we need them?" What do you mean? That doesn't seem to make much sense.

I certainly believe you have a right to your opinions, but in case you didn't realize it, so do I and so do others. This is a board of opinions. I happen to feel illegals being allowed to stay and us just opening the borders is a really stupid thing.

No, I am far from a bigot or racist, but from your comments I am not sure about you.

Nita
I don't know how to respond. I'll let it go, because I wish not to inflame anymore than I already have.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I wonder about you sometimes, anyways, a Mexican is a Mexican no matter if they are Mexican-American or an Illegal, its still a Mexican. Did you not know this?

and when they all look like this its a good indication- among a few other things

or this clip of a dance in Portales

YouTube - CHAVAS BAILANDO EN EL MIDWAY DE PORTALES NM
?!???!??! What the heck are you talking about? A Mexican is a Mexican..... "it's" still a Mexican. Sorry, I thought we were talking about human beings.
What, nobody is in Madras shorts and Izod shirts, so you know they're MEXICAN? Or is the skin just not White enough? What is it that tips you off? Is everyone who dances to banda or norteno a Mexican? Or maybe it's the accordian in the music, imparting some divine knowledge and judgement to you. Probably sending messages thru your tooth fillings..
Does a native of the USA for 8 or 9 generations want to be called a Mexican (thus a foreigner) just because of their personal style or traditional family culture?
I'd love to know what your "few other things" are....
Please tell me I've just missed the joke here.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I find it hard to believe that 65% of the graduating class looked like those two guys. Don't they usually where caps and gowns? So how do you distinguish them?

OMG, you dont understand much of anything do you, their families look like that, and of course not EVERYONE but a good amount, the rest were just obviously Mexicans.

Why do you care so much if they are Mexicans or not, do you have something against them? If you dont believe me you should attend next years.

If you cant distinguish between a Mexican and a multi-generational Spanish person than I think you arnt a NM native, me guess is you probably arnt, or you are White.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
?!???!??! What the heck are you talking about? A Mexican is a Mexican..... "it's" still a Mexican. Sorry, I thought we were talking about human beings.
What, nobody is in Madras shorts and Izod shirts, so you know they're MEXICAN? Or is the skin just not White enough? What is it that tips you off? Is everyone who dances to banda or norteno a Mexican? Or maybe it's the accordian in the music, imparting some divine knowledge and judgement to you. Probably sending messages thru your tooth fillings..
Does a native of the USA for 8 or 9 generations want to be called a Mexican (thus a foreigner) just because of their personal style or traditional family culture?
I'd love to know what your "few other things" are....
Please tell me I've just missed the joke here.

so are you telling me there are White people in that video, I have been to a few of those dances, they are put on by the local band Los Huracannes Del Norte, they own the building and live next door and I have never seen a white person there.

Do you ever get out of your cage, Why are you and your homeboy Domino making such a big deal about this.

your whole post was really nonsense.

If a person is Mexican than they are Mexican, I dont care if they were born in the USA or not, they are still MEXICAN, Im Spanish but I wasnt born in Spain, should I not be Spanish anymore cause my family has been here for generations. If you grew up in Portales and hung around with the people that I did then you might understand but you still have no idea and you like to jump to conclusions talking about some sort of shorts and shirts. It was really dumb and pointless if you ask me, you sound like someone who likes to stir up trouble.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:02 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times
And you know that your family has stayed purely Spanish....how, exactly? Going to tell me your ancestors came directly from Spain to New Mexico and avoided those Mexicans? I doubt it.

I have Mexican friends that are of Lebanese ancestry on both sides of their family. They're Mexican for 4 generations. Would you consider them Lebanese, according to your curious "logic"?

There are plenty of Mexicans who cling to their Spanish heritage, and take pride in the "purity" of it. These same people often hold virulently racist views about their fellow Mexicans who have more Indian blood. I can't say whether this same observation would apply to you.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
And you know that your family has stayed purely Spanish....how, exactly? Going to tell me your ancestors came directly from Spain to New Mexico and avoided those Mexicans? I doubt it.

I have Mexican friends that are of Lebanese ancestry on both sides of their family. They're Mexican for 4 generations. Would you consider them Lebanese, according to your curious "logic"?

There are plenty of Mexicans who cling to their Spanish heritage, and take pride in the "purity" of it. These same people often hold virulently racist views about their fellow Mexicans who have more Indian blood. I can't say whether this same observation would apply to you.

no, there is some indian somewhere in my family down the line ,but im not gonna tell people that Im part indian cause it could only be like 5% for all I know. If that were the case there would be no categories for race, when asking someones race they would be like--- im white but Im 2% irish,18% scandanavian,30% Scottish, and on and on ,no you just say White.

I think you just wanna argue for some reason, its really a simple issue. I never once mentioned anything about purity of one's race, I could care less.

and I dont know what was said in any of my posts that would make you think I have any sort of racist views against Mexicans, I was kinda thinking the same of you and Domino. Its true that Spanish people dont wanna be called Mexicans and the reason is---cause they are not Mexicans. I grew up around the Mexican culture my whole life and Im probably more comfortable around it than I am in the more Spanish areas of our state, seeing how my best friends are Mexican.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:07 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Why do you care so much if they are Mexicans or not, do you have something against them? If you dont believe me you should attend next years.
I really don't care, but you sure seem to.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Quote:

Becuase We have a family tree and we pretty much know.. I'm so bored with my life I already found out our family has no traces of Mexican blood. Just pure spanish. Dont believe it.. thats your problem but I know. We have some Italian though.

We didnt avoid them, I guess we werent attracted to them. Its not mean, I'm being truthful.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
--------"It's too bad human beings were not born colorblind"----

Quit playing the race card, Hombre57
I'd be just as upset if our border to the north was being over run with white Canadians.
President Addresses Arrest of Harvard Professor - washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico