Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM

390 posts, read 952,968 times

Advertisements

When I can have green chili on my apple pie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,253,905 times
lol, Rybert- you're.just.not.right.

And yet, some of your comments remind me so much of my husband.....

Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 AM

7 posts, read 17,755 times
Default Indians are in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
So... the Bureau of Indian Affairs does not deal with Tribal matters, but instead operates for the benefit of citizens of India within the U.S?

HA!...yes exactly...well so it seems....lol....
....and the BIA still uses the 'indian' name...because...they are well...the government....takes awhile to get things updated....it's the only way they can still stick it to us, I'm guessing....at least it's not the Bureau of ***** Affairs...

....but...factly...it is the NAVAJO NATION....officially...we don't even call each other indians....

Old 03-28-2009, 07:19 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,855 times
You Know You're in New Mexico When...
You either freeze or burn.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 AM

429 posts, read 1,478,540 times
You know you are in New Mexico when... The news cast posts when you should start and the frequency of watering your yard a week. ie - this month you should water your lawn once a week. :-)

Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 AM

576 posts, read 2,309,226 times
You know you are in New Mexico when the weather channel tells you that the current temp is 72 and there is a blizzard warning for a few hours hence.

~clairz

Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 AM

576 posts, read 2,309,226 times
Default New Englander Nears 2nd Anniversary of Living on the High Plains

You know you’re in [eastern] New Mexico when:

...You don’t even notice any more that the wind blows a lot of the time, but you do notice that you have stopped combing your hair. Ever.

...You haven’t seen a man in a business suit in years, and if you did he would look reeeeal funny. Men look just right in cowboy boots and cowboy hats and those long, lean jeans. Jes’ right.

...You think, that’s the way the Good Lord meant for men to dress, even inside of your own head.

...You no longer stop and think hey, those are hymns about the background music they play in stores. You get "The Old Rugged Cross" stuck in your head for days.

...You’ve seen Pat Boone at Cowboy Church, still looking good after all these years in cowboy boots and cowboy hat and those long, lean jeans, and have thought nothing of it.

...You even know what Cowboy Church is.

...You also know what a piggin’ string is and no longer think it’s gross when they carry it in their teeth.

...You nod knowingly when a man confesses, "Life just ain't right if I don't get to rope every day."

...Flat land looks just about right now, and you’ve gotten scared by a TV car commercial where the car is tooling along right in the mountains, next to a big drop-off, with no guard rail. White knuckled, heart-poundingly scared by a TV car commercial.

...The only drop-offs we have here on the side of the roads are called bar ditches and they only drop off a few inches.

...That cow-y smell comes rolling through town and you think one of two things. 1) oooh, it’s just like living [jes’ lack livin’] out on the ranch or 2) ahhh, that good ol’ smell of money.

Help me! Ah’m fixin’ to assimilate.

~clairz

Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,891,374 times
Help me! Ah’m fixin’ to assimilate.

I'm cracking up....LOL!!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
...You no longer stop and think hey, those are hymns about the background music they play in stores. You get "The Old Rugged Cross" stuck in your head for days.

~clairz
ROFL, I have been humming and singing that song for that last two days

Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,355,235 times
Okay, tell the former city gal what a piggin string is please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico