Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 01:25 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times

Advertisements

I started watching one but it looks like one where the man is continually cheating on his wife so I'm bored with that. There's one coming on at 1:40 called 'The Cradle'; it sounds scary and I like scary movies so maybe that one will pan out.
Thanks for the rep gdude. I'm unable to rep you now. Gotta wait somemore I guess.

JDTH- That's the way I've always looked at it. There's always someone worse off somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 PM

Oh yeah, gdude.
I want to hear about your fishing trip.
I haven't fished in years but I like it.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,251,775 times
Song,

You are absolutely correct. Look around, there always is someone who has been through more. I've had 14 surgeries on my right ankle, 1 on each knee (they both need to be replaced, but I am to stubborn to do so now) and 1 on the left foot. 17 total. I can function pretty well thanks to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. If not for them I would still be getting around in my little electric scooter. I thank God every day that they helped me out and I can still walk pretty much normally.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Song,

You are absolutely correct. Look around, there always is someone who has been through more. I've had 14 surgeries on my right ankle, 1 on each knee (they both need to be replaced, but I am to stubborn to do so now) and 1 on the left foot. 17 total. I can function pretty well thanks to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. If not for them I would still be getting around in my little electric scooter. I thank God every day that they helped me out and I can still walk pretty much normally.
Wow, good for you.
What did you do to your ankle and knees? Sports?

Old 05-03-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Wow, good for you.
What did you do to your ankle and knees? Sports?
Yep! Too much baseball. When I was 10 they (doctors) told me that I should quit playing. You know at 10 you think you are pretty much invincible. They were giving me cortisone shots at 10 and 11 to keep playing. I don't think they would do that today. I really have no regrets. I played until I was 32 (1987) when they had to fuse my ankle. I loved every minute of it and if the good lord would let me I would still be playing today. So now I raise money for the Little Leaguers here in Tempe. I coached them for 10 years but retired from coaching a few years ago, not because of the kids, just the parents can be so insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM

That's cool that you like baseball, have played it and taught little league.
I had a friend that coached little league and he said the same thing, that the parents were psychos. They try to live there lives through there kids.
Are there certain exercises or stretches you do with your ankle and legs as a whole?
Also, would a chiropractor help you?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Quote:
I started watching one but it looks like one where the man is continually cheating on his wife so I'm bored with that. There's one coming on at 1:40 called 'The Cradle'; it sounds scary and I like scary movies so maybe that one will pan out.
Thanks for the rep gdude. I'm unable to rep you now. Gotta wait somemore I guess.

JDTH- That's the way I've always looked at it. There's always someone worse off somewhere.
your welcome
Quote:
Oh yeah, gdude.
I want to hear about your fishing trip.
I haven't fished in years but I like it.

We rode our bikes down to our favorite fishing spot and caught and releasd Blue Gills. The heaviest one we caught was exactly 2kg=-=4.4lbs.

Our favorite fishing spot is pretty secluded and hardly anyone knows about this place.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Glad you had a good time.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
That's cool that you like baseball, have played it and taught little league.
I had a friend that coached little league and he said the same thing, that the parents were psychos. They try to live there lives through there kids.
Are there certain exercises or stretches you do with your ankle and legs as a whole?
Also, would a chiropractor help you?
Song,

I don't think exercises or chiropractors would help, but I am willing to try almost everything. I have tried pretty much tried everything from shrinks, hypnotists to acupuncture. When I am going through security check in at the airport I usually set off all kinds of alarms. I always tell them that I have enough metal in me to build the airplane. Not true, but what the heck. I have screws, pins, staples, rods, etc. in me. It is what it is. I deal with it everyday!!! No big deal!

I don't like baseball, I pretty much live it. Just ask my wife!!!

Last edited by JDTH; 05-03-2009 at 05:53 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Quote:
Glad you had a good time.

Thanks!

Hope you enjoyed your scary movie!

I love Scary movies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico