Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM

10 posts, read 26,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg8215 View Post
Like Soontobe, I also received by appointment letter a few days ago. I am new to this process, so I have some questions.

Is the letter setting up an appointment for an interview or just to drop off your financials? The letter says "In order to confirm your eligibility, we need for you to drop off copies of the documents listed on the back of this letter for further consideration of your application.."...followed by a date and time frame. Should I be expecting the interview when I drop off my financials?

Anyone willing to share the interview process? All my paperwork is in order, but I'd like to know what I should expect.
Once you submit your documents, they will look over them. They will give you a decision within 3-4 weeks after you drop off your documents. They have to figure out who is eligible from the preferred list 1st (municipal workers etc.), then they will work on those who are not. Those who don't will qualify for about 38% of the apartments. It will be really hard to get in. I submitted my docs last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 03:14 PM

13 posts, read 28,628 times
Was wondering if anyone has heard back yet after submitted all the financials? Thanks

Steve

Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 PM

Nope. They told me 3 weeks after i submitted my financials they will get back with me.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 AM

18 posts, read 99,772 times
I also submitted my paper work and I'm waiting on a response

Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 AM

24 posts, read 55,483 times
Default Indeed

Likewise. And I thought getting past the first selection process was the only Hard Part!

I'd buy immediately if they gave me the chance to purchase. A little early since I never purchased a place before, but this is such a great opportunity.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM

131 posts, read 338,057 times
Hi everyone,

I submitted my paperwork this week. As of this week they said it will be a month before I hear from them. For those of you that don't know, the "Interview" takes place in a model of a 2 bedroom apartment. I must say, I liked what I saw, the rooms are a good size, plenty of closets and they were good sizes also. And as stated before, only the ground floor apartments have the terraces. the bathroom was not big, but a good size. The next part of the interview takes place in a 1 bedroom model. We were unable to go in because they had a client in there going over sensitive information. That's as much as I know right now. And we wait!

Old 06-29-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclove1 View Post
Nope. They told me 3 weeks after i submitted my financials they will get back with me.
OH, 2 things,

I overheard them say to someone on the phone, that they were a little backlogged in calling ppl back for the 2nd interview. So that may be what is going on.

#2, you don't need to bring the $20.00 money order this trip. They did not take it.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:46 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
My curiosity is KILLING me.
I cannot wait to hear who got in and the particulars.

You have presumably all seen THIS page right?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...LaCelia-ad.pdf

Seems there are precious few available at fire sale prices.

Last edited by Kefir King; 06-29-2012 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus Maximus View Post
Likewise. And I thought getting past the first selection process was the only Hard Part!

I'd buy immediately if they gave me the chance to purchase. A little early since I never purchased a place before, but this is such a great opportunity.

I totally agree!

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
OH, 2 things,

I overheard them say to someone on the phone, that they were a little backlogged in calling ppl back for the 2nd interview. So that may be what is going on.

#2, you don't need to bring the $20.00 money order this trip. They did not take it.
I gave them a $50 money order as per the paper. Maybe because I had a really low log #?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery