Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 07:07 AM

26 posts, read 42,027 times

Advertisements

Its amazing to me that USPS will deliver immediately to a new single family home, but a building with 20 mailboxes doesn't meet the test, but with the state of the USPS...I'm not surprised. I should be happy that it is not in the boxes yet since I can't seem to get my key from either the management company or the developer.

I haven't used the local post office, but the one for both zip codes 10035 and 10467 have ruined many a Saturday for me waiting up to 30 minutes to retrieve mail. I'm hoping that Hell Gate Station is at least a slight improvement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 08:52 AM

184 posts, read 334,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaha View Post
I've just gotten one of those "Sorry we missed you..." notices. Have to go pick my package up at the post office (speaking of which, I read some pretty horrible things about our post office (Hell Gate Station New York Post Office - East Harlem - New York, NY). Has anyone had any experience there yet, and is it as bad as those reviews say it is?
I've had a POBox at Hells Gate for the last 3 months as I await my move. If you need to mail anything its pretty fast but if you need to pick up a package it's a 30 minute wait time. I was there yesterday and 3 works taking mail and no lines and a line of 20 people to pick up and only 1 person working that counter. I have to say compared to my last post office this one isnt terrible but not great. You have so many people shipping packages back to their countries and getting money orders that you can expect it to be busy.

A POBox is $28 for 3 months and right there next to the subway 110/lexington. At least you know your mail is secure and not left out in the La Celia lobby. At least until 20% move in...

Old 05-04-2013, 08:55 AM

184 posts, read 334,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayGal View Post
We closed yesterday and apparently are among 35 or so that have done so. Only 20 or so have actually moved in, so until 20% actually schedule a move-in day and move in, the mail will not be delivered. What is keeping everyone from moving in I wonder?
As I stood on 111th looking up at my window I wonder the same thing. I can not get anyone to move on this closing so I can move in. Makes no sense at the delays. Very Frustrating....

Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
As I stood on 111th looking up at my window I wonder the same thing. I can not get anyone to move on this closing so I can move in. Makes no sense at the delays. Very Frustrating....
I hear your frustration marshland. The key to getting the closing to actually happen is to have your appraisal expire. I'm convinced that is the ONLY way the bank moves because you can legitimately argue that you won't pay for that second appraisal so the bank would have to eat the cost. After the whole experience I can say I am highly unsatisfied with the back end of Chase Mortgage! Just keep calling them, I do think it helps to be on them, and make sure everything is ready to go. It was a horrible experience, but it will be worth it in the end!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:10 PM

27 posts, read 39,014 times
Default Mailbox Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnick View Post
Its amazing to me that USPS will deliver immediately to a new single family home, but a building with 20 mailboxes doesn't meet the test, but with the state of the USPS...I'm not surprised. I should be happy that it is not in the boxes yet since I can't seem to get my key from either the management company or the developer.

I haven't used the local post office, but the one for both zip codes 10035 and 10467 have ruined many a Saturday for me waiting up to 30 minutes to retrieve mail. I'm hoping that Hell Gate Station is at least a slight improvement!
The mailbox keys should be in the binder along with appliance warranties.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM

12 posts, read 17,676 times
What happens if loan commitment expires before closing? And who send closing letter?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 PM

12 posts, read 17,676 times
*Who is supposed to send the closing letter?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRoadie View Post
The mailbox keys should be in the binder along with appliance warranties.
This is what I had been told by management company. My keys were not in my binder. Developer is apparently "working on it" and told me not to worry. Its been two weeks...shouldn't need to "be working on it" this long.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elev one View Post
What happens if loan commitment expires before closing? And who send closing letter?
If your commitment expires you have to work on getting a new commitment. I had to go through this process THREE times before my closing happened. It was incredibly frustrating. And don't count on the bank being helpful at all. The closing letter will be sent by the Sponsor's Attorney (HGG). It will give you a closing date, but you will likely not close on that actual date. Remember you and your attorney are your best advocate and you will be the ones to actually get things to happen. I'm really happy my attorney knew the bank's attorney. I think it helped make me not just appear to be a number.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:01 PM

36 posts, read 56,685 times
Still waiting for my commitment letter....!!!! Does anyone know what is the expected wait time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery