Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 AM

25,374 posts, read 37,097,722 times

Advertisements

Probably you can just pull them out (or ask they be taken out.) Management will probably give you the form at that time. If not, rest assured you and all your neighbors will be given one within the year. The City apparently considers children defenstrating the biggest problem it has and really cracks down on this form. I have never had a child and yet I have filled out no less than 20 of these annoying but short forms.

Those guards are truly hideous aren't they...like looking at the world from inside a prison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 AM

131 posts, read 338,170 times
Default Removal of window stops

R. Swanson

just speak with the super, he removed mine without a problem.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 AM

184 posts, read 334,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Swanson View Post
Hello All-

As it is getting warmer and warmer out, I'm wondering if there is any way to (legally) remove the guards that only allow us to open the window about three inches or so.

Thanks!
you can remove them from your window, the stoppers are held in place with a screw so just unscrew it. I believe mgmt said they would NOT unscrew it for legal reasons but you can and I see it was stated that the super did remove from another window so there you go..Of course these were placed in the window in lieu of window bars/child guards so if you remove them and expect children in your apartment you are legally responsible for their safety.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:14 PM

12 posts, read 17,676 times
Can somebody tell me how long after final walk trough was closing?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM

24 posts, read 44,501 times
Hello everyone!
I closed early this week!! weeee! Now the nightmare of the moving business. I know that some of you mentioned movers but I need recommendations ASAP. I can't find it in the blog. I've already contacted Sven but they still have not responded. Any other recommendations???? Please!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:25 PM

131 posts, read 338,170 times
Default Congrats!!!

Congrats, finally over for you.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 PM

16 posts, read 28,310 times
Default Moving company

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barrio Girl View Post
Hello everyone!
I closed early this week!! weeee! Now the nightmare of the moving business. I know that some of you mentioned movers but I need recommendations ASAP. I can't find it in the blog. I've already contacted Sven but they still have not responded. Any other recommendations???? Please!!!
Congratulations!! I'm moving in this weekend and am using Clean Cut Movers NYC | NYC Flat Rate Movers | NYC Man With A VanClean Cut Movers NYC
they gave me a great price. Good Luck!!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 AM

20 posts, read 39,999 times
La Celia'ers,

At Noon today, the Sales Office will close.
We expect our last contract to be signed next Wednesday.
Eleanor, Eileen, and I have enjoyed our time with you and look forward to following the blog.
When the last unit closes, my agency relationship with the Sponsor will cease. As a consultant, I am available to Objectively assist your board and/or its members on collective issues. I'll post contact info at the end of the summer.

Good luck, think COOPERATIVELY, and be good Neighbors.

Mike Reed,
Sales Agent

Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 AM

24 posts, read 44,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC10029 View Post
Congratulations!! I'm moving in this weekend and am using Clean Cut Movers NYC | NYC Flat Rate Movers | NYC Man With A VanClean Cut Movers NYC
they gave me a great price. Good Luck!!
Thanks NYC 10029

I was freaking out because all the companies were booked since this is the last week and high season. I called flat rate movers and they were booked as well.
Anyway wanted to offer another contact for those of you that are scrambling like me jeje.
I was lucky to find
A moveable feat/ Home they gave me the option of a flat rate or hourly rate ($90) which I think is great.
800-607-0689
Wish me luck with the move! Can't wait to become a Celia neighbor!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:30 AM

14 posts, read 19,162 times
Anyone else having delays with closing due to NHS??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery