Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM

184 posts, read 334,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaha2013 View Post
Anyone else having delays with closing due to NHS??
This is exactly the issue I am having with NHSNYC right now. She sends me something to send to people and its not filled out, only to find out later that it didnt need to be sent out. Then she asked for a form # but wouldnt tell me what it was...I've been told so many stories by NHS that I am thoroughly disgusted. She doesnt respond to emails at all. She told me 10 day waiting period for funds, 5 day approval. I've heard that 3 times over the last 2 months. After a quick calculation, even if she submits everything today it would be 2 more months before I can close at the earliest. I've decided to pursue another option to expedite closing. After this is done I will be filing a complaint to the program director of NHS by I'm sure a non profit organization like this doesnt care one way or another

Last edited by marshland; 05-26-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 PM

14 posts, read 19,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
This is exactly the issue I am having with NHSNYC right now. She sends me something to send to people and its not filled out, only to find out later that it didnt need to be sent out. Then she asked for a form # but wouldnt tell me what it was...I've been told so many stories by NHS that I am thoroughly disgusted. She doesnt respond to emails at all. She told me 10 day waiting period for funds, 5 day approval. I've heard that 3 times over the last 2 months. After a quick calculation, even if she submits everything today it would be 2 more months before I can close at the earliest. I've decided to pursue another option to expedite closing. After this is done I will be filing a complaint to the program director of NHS by I'm sure a non profit organization like this doesnt care one way or another

It's definitely very frustrating but I am going to give NHS a few more weeks because I have heard that some of the documents that NHS is requesting have already been signed. If you're in a rush to move in, then yes I would pursue another option for closing but if you're not in a rush then wait it out for a few more weeks. I mean it is free money from NHS :-)

Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 AM

39 posts, read 74,212 times
Hi La Celia'ers,
We may get a heat wave later in this week and I'm not sure if air conditioning is included in the maintenance. I know electricity & gas are not included but what else is not? I can't seem to find my plan or binder anywhere. Thanks!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti924 View Post
Hi La Celia'ers,
We may get a heat wave later in this week and I'm not sure if air conditioning is included in the maintenance. I know electricity & gas are not included but what else is not? I can't seem to find my plan or binder anywhere. Thanks!
The TPAC system works off electricity so you pay for AC

Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 PM

36 posts, read 56,685 times
After over two months waiting and waiting...finally received my commitment letter!
Hopefully, everything moves faster now.

To those that closed or are soon to close,
How soon after you got commitment letter did you locked in your rate?

Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM

26 posts, read 42,027 times
I waited to lock until I had an actual closing date (after talking more with the bank). The closing date on your letter from the sponsor's attorney more than likely will not be your actual closing date. I got to a point where I couldn't wait any longer on locking, it drove me crazy.

The bank probably won't move until some of your documents are near expiring. Without my appraisal expiration date I am convinced I would still be waiting to close.

Good Luck!

Nick

Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM

23 posts, read 44,090 times
Does anyone else have an overly aggressive ice dispenser on their fridge?? Every time I push the knob to get ice it shoots out of the opening and ends up on my floor. Suggestions???

Old 06-01-2013, 10:49 AM

338 posts, read 677,443 times
I should be closing soon and am planning my move--are there any restrictions/timetable on the move (eg., can't move on weekends or can only move on the weekends)? I know there's something like a two-week window. I'm trying to plan as much as I can before the actual closing.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemchick26 View Post
Does anyone else have an overly aggressive ice dispenser on their fridge?? Every time I push the knob to get ice it shoots out of the opening and ends up on my floor. Suggestions???
contact the super...there is a "warranty" form in your manual...sometimes it can be adjusted and sometimes it's just the ice maker thinking you are too hot and need to cool down

Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
I should be closing soon and am planning my move--are there any restrictions/timetable on the move (eg., can't move on weekends or can only move on the weekends)? I know there's something like a two-week window. I'm trying to plan as much as I can before the actual closing.
I havent moved in yet but from what I know and see from people moving in there are really no restrictions. They just make it that 2 people are not moving in at the same time but I saw that happen a few weeks ago. Once you have a close date you contact the mgmt company to schedule a move date and they will give you a window of a couple of hours to move in. Just tell them what you want. At the slow pace they are closing and moving in you shouldn't have any issue doing it at your own pace. I do wonder if the super is keeping the parking spaces free in front of the building for that "window" time frame. It always seems like the moving trucks are parked right that the entrance. That would be awesome if that's what is happening....Congrats on your close and move....I'm pushing for mine by months end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery