Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,773 times

Advertisements

When do we organize and get our tenants/co-op association up and running? Maybe the operating agreement provides this information, but I haven't checked. Seems like we have a lot of great owners/stockholders in the building and we should organize soon and set the tone so management knows we're all serious about our living space.
Management already made decisions about no dogs in courtyard and a 10pm curfew. I'm not a dog owner, but like dogs, and 10pm seems fine with me; but I think those are decisions we should make collectively, and not have things dictated to us.
That's my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:21 AM

338 posts, read 677,443 times
I assume after everyone moves in (I haven't yet) but I'm not sure how we'll know when that has happened. But I agree with you.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 AM

131 posts, read 338,170 times
Default The Party is over !

According to the postings in the building, Maintenance payments begin July 1,2013. It was fun while it lasted

Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM

139 posts, read 189,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedIn View Post
When do we organize and get our tenants/co-op association up and running? Maybe the operating agreement provides this information, but I haven't checked. Seems like we have a lot of great owners/stockholders in the building and we should organize soon and set the tone so management knows we're all serious about our living space.
Management already made decisions about no dogs in courtyard and a 10pm curfew. I'm not a dog owner, but like dogs, and 10pm seems fine with me; but I think those are decisions we should make collectively, and not have things dictated to us.
That's my 2 cents.
We will be notified by the Sponsor when they will cede control of the board. I am sure it will be soon since all apt have been sold and many people have moved in. Legally the sponsor cannot keep control of the board. Here is the law "Sponsor voting rights are usually restricted by the New York State department of law (attorney general’s office,) in that, sponsors are not permitted to control (elect and/or designate a majority of the directors) a co-op’s board for more than the sooner of five years from the date of closing of the co-op, or when the sponsor owns less than 50 percent of the unsold shares of the co-op."

Keep in mind that we have have signed the proprietary lease which lists all restrictions already in place in the building and those can be changed only with 75% of the vote in the building. Therefore the board can put any new house rules in place but they cannot contradict the proprietary lease. For example, you may not have a ped that is larger than 35 lb (I think). So if you have a larger pet, not only can you not take it to the terrace, you cannot have him/her in the building.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 AM

139 posts, read 189,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
According to the postings in the building, Maintenance payments begin July 1,2013. It was fun while it lasted
Yes, Soon...it was nice not to pay maintenance!!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:02 PM

29 posts, read 69,065 times
This thread started as sharing info for purchasing an affordable co-op in Manhattan. Now that we are all in various stages of moving in/living at La Celia some of our thread has become very specific to us. Does anyone else on city-data care if the super has the screwdriver to take off the childproof window guards? Sharing info on bigger things with all of city-data makes sense because there is a wealth of info out there. It just seems that things like where to get the product for our floors cheap doesn't matter to anyone else but us. Anyone out there able to create something just for La Celia? A website or message board for us to share the things very specific to us?

Old 06-19-2013, 03:08 PM

16 posts, read 28,310 times
Default Interior Decorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3 View Post
Any luck finding an interior decorator????
Hi Home 3

No I haven't had luck finding an interior decorator. I did find window treatment company. They work quick and can schedule a same day visit. I can forward a contact name if you need one.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 AM

25,374 posts, read 37,097,722 times
Quote:
or when the sponsor owns less than 50 percent of the unsold shares of the
co-op."
Is that a typo?
By definition, wouldn't the sponsor generally own ALL of the unsold shares even if there is only a single share unsold.

Does it mean to say that "or when the sponsor holds less than 50% of the total shares?"

Old 06-20-2013, 07:11 PM

184 posts, read 334,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg8215 View Post
This thread started as sharing info for purchasing an affordable co-op in Manhattan. Now that we are all in various stages of moving in/living at La Celia some of our thread has become very specific to us. Does anyone else on city-data care if the super has the screwdriver to take off the childproof window guards? Sharing info on bigger things with all of city-data makes sense because there is a wealth of info out there. It just seems that things like where to get the product for our floors cheap doesn't matter to anyone else but us. Anyone out there able to create something just for La Celia? A website or message board for us to share the things very specific to us?
It would probably be easier to create a LaCelia Residents Facebook group. Whomever sets it up can assign administrators to monitor and the group can be closed to residents or open to all. That would be my suggestion instead of using this site which can not be controlled, monitored etc

Old 06-25-2013, 09:31 AM

12 posts, read 17,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soontobehomeowner View Post
I am dealing w/ Ryan J. Walsh

his fee is $1,000.00 $ 100.00 at signing of the contract $ $900 at closing. I got him from the NHS list, so far I have no complaints. His office has kept on top of everything as far as I can tell.

He also has another client that I know of buying w/Lacelia which I am sure will make the process easier.

work# 718-793-2488 email rjwesq@gmail.com
cell# 646-541-7771
Soontobehomeowner, did you complete the process with Ryan Walsh? If so, how was his service? I'm with a non-responsive atty and looking for another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery