Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 12:09 AM

3 posts, read 7,368 times

Advertisements

anyone know of a good (cheap) place online (or B&M) to get the cleaner for our fancy floors? i thought management was suppose to give us our first bottle free. anyone get theirs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM

25,374 posts, read 37,097,722 times
What are the floors made of?

Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM

338 posts, read 677,443 times
A couple of questions--in the letter the seller's attorney's sent us re: closing it says we need to present a "Certificate of Insurance"--is this definite? If people are using U-Hauls and moving themselves, they don't have insurance, right? I'm using movers but I'm not sure if they have insurance, just trying to figure it out.

Also is it possible to reserve the elevator?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawjai View Post
anyone know of a good (cheap) place online (or B&M) to get the cleaner for our fancy floors? i thought management was suppose to give us our first bottle free. anyone get theirs?
Here is a site I found for the maintenance oil:

http://uniquelookfashion.com/index.p...nance-oil.html

I need to buy it too, it seems to be considerably cheaper then all the other online stores, not sure what to make of it.
Here is a site with a more typical price:

http://www.hardwoodbargains.com/duch...nance-oil.html

Old 06-11-2013, 09:56 AM

47 posts, read 84,082 times
Default Moving Deposit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
A couple of questions--in the letter the seller's attorney's sent us re: closing it says we need to present a "Certificate of Insurance"--is this definite? If people are using U-Hauls and moving themselves, they don't have insurance, right? I'm using movers but I'm not sure if they have insurance, just trying to figure it out.

Also is it possible to reserve the elevator?
I am somewhat concerned that people do not know that you MUST hire an insured mover and they must have their certificate of insurance to La Celia Management Prior to your move. If you choose to move yourself, you MUST reserve a time with Management and pay the refundable move-in deposit of $750 prior to your move. This insures that if you break something or gash the walls or floors badly, YOU pay for it. And if someone else is careless, THEY pay for it and not the rest of us. It safeguards the building and keeps our maintenance down. If the building gets trashed while people move in our maintenance may be assessed for a few months to pay for the damage. We have to take ownership of the entire building from the day we move. We own it and want to keep it as pristine as possible. Please be respectful of the building when you move-take extra care to watch your movers, and don't let them keep the doors wide open without someone guarding them. This is NYC after all.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM

Yes. I get that, which is why I'm asking the questions in the first place. I really wasn't asking for a long-winded lecture from a fellow shareholder, just trying to plan my move as much as possible ahead of closing.

Again, is it possible to reserve the elevator? Does anyone have a number?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM

47 posts, read 84,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
If the super is aware of the problem, that is good. Maybe he can modify the ledge to be un-sittable. They can cross the street to the open park if they need a cigarette that badly.
Perhaps we can put some benches across the street by the park to attract the occasional smoker. on my former block we built tree guards that had benches incorporated on both sides. They were made with wood and were only a couple hundred bucks each. Even if we got only two made, perhaps it would attract them away from our stoop and also beautify the neighborhood park!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
Hi folks!

I'm clearly very late to this thread. My wife and I are looking to buy a co-op apartment for our family (we have one child). Does anyone know if all of the units at La Celia are already purchased? I have filled out an application and will be sending it in, if I find that there are available 2BR apts available. Is there any chance that I could still be considered for an apartment? I meet the eligibility requirements for the 2BR apts. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I have started reading this thread, but have only gotten through the first 10-pages, so I apologize if someone has already answered my inquiry. Congrats to all new share-holders! The building looks incredible!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,678 times
Hi,
This is very late in the game, but does anyone know if any units are still available?
The application process is still open...

Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayGal View Post
Perhaps we can put some benches across the street by the park to attract the occasional smoker. on my former block we built tree guards that had benches incorporated on both sides. They were made with wood and were only a couple hundred bucks each. Even if we got only two made, perhaps it would attract them away from our stoop and also beautify the neighborhood park!
That sounds like a good idea (although we should consider including some kind of receptacle for cigarette butts so they do't get tossed all over the sidewalk).

This is what I mean about a whole building full of middle-class homeowners--we will have an outsize influence on the neighborhood because homeowners GET SH** DONE We want to protect our investment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery