Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 09:11 PM

195 posts, read 400,228 times

Advertisements

But did they verify your income yet or that is what u are waiting on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 PM

What are the exact steps you have done so far. List in order to clarify because you are saying they haven't reached your log # but they are asking for documents.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:33 PM

42 posts, read 51,911 times
We received letter of randomly selected
Then pre verification of income
Then interview
Requested documents after that
The last check stubs of July and salary key
And that's it they didn't even tell us what was next so we called a week later to ask what was the status and that's when they told us our log number was pending to be reached

Old 08-30-2014, 04:00 AM

Okay sounds similiar to my process. The next step is sending it off to HDC for approval. That will take another 2-4 weeks.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 AM

They probably already did because it been a few weeks now so we may be hearing something soon

Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 PM

Okay, keep me posted.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:20 AM

34 posts, read 50,374 times
@jeimarie its a l-o-n-g process, do not get discouraged. They reviewed me and asked for more and more docs… My process took longer because I appealed and my income is not steady (so they may have drawn it out). Basically over 8 months. Just when I would give up they would contact me giving me only 3-5 days to submit more notarized documents or be declined. I even amended a tax return! It was hell! I had to buy a fax/copy/scanner as it was costing too much at kinkos. It was well worth it! I move in Tuesday. Good Luck!!!! Keep the hope alive!

Old 08-31-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAngel View Post
Okay, keep me posted.
Thank you for the info will do

Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCitygirl24 View Post
@jeimarie its a l-o-n-g process, do not get discouraged. They reviewed me and asked for more and more docs… My process took longer because I appealed and my income is not steady (so they may have drawn it out). Basically over 8 months. Just when I would give up they would contact me giving me only 3-5 days to submit more notarized documents or be declined. I even amended a tax return! It was hell! I had to buy a fax/copy/scanner as it was costing too much at kinkos. It was well worth it! I move in Tuesday. Good Luck!!!! Keep the hope alive!
Dang girl! Lol what a process ,nevertheless thank you so much for the encouraging words need them about now as my lease is up Monday and we are forced to do month to month, and yes it is because the building and apartment is beautiful and u cannot beat the price

Old 08-31-2014, 07:31 AM

19 posts, read 28,286 times
Hey all, I was wondering if I could get some insight from those who were approved - @Terisis @Punchykuba @CaptainAngel

My paperwork was sent down to HPD for approval on 8/8 - I know it usually takes between 2-3 weeks to hear back so I've been in waiting mode. This past Friday I decided to log into my home phones voicemail system for the first time, and saw that I had a missed call from HPD on August 20th. They didn't leave a message. Since this apartment is the only business I'd have with HPD right now I'm curious as to why they'd be calling, and even more disturbed that they didn't leave a message or even try to call back. They have both my cell phone numbers so I have no idea why they'd be calling my house anyway.

I called the main office on 52nd street and told them the scenario and they said there would be no way for them to find out why HPD called - All I can do is wait, and if they hear anything back they'll let me know.

Did anyone else get a call from HPD during the 2-3 week wait?

My thoughts are all over the place hoping they didn't decide to trash my folder for god knows what reason because I didn't answer their call. Hopefully that isn't the case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery