Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,980 times

Advertisements

I never received anything and my lottery number was 106! It continues to read pending and only found this threat just now and I see some people were contacted.....my number was so low so I'm not sure why I wasn't contacted and who I can reach out to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 05:16 AM

195 posts, read 400,050 times
It doesn't go by a low log number. They say u have a better chance but it's a lottery. They select random numbers.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:21 PM

292 posts, read 702,911 times
Hmm, I have a question! About the annual re-certification; what does that entail and if you get into an apt and your income changes ot should I say get higher, can they put you out or they just "adjust" your rent? If they "adjust" your rent, how much would it be? This is just a general question about the affordable lottery process. I remember applying for this housing but never got a response. I actually had gotten a really decent log number. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. But if anyone can answer my question about the annual re-certification, that would be great. Thanks!

Old 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM

22 posts, read 31,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
Hmm, I have a question! About the annual re-certification; what does that entail and if you get into an apt and your income changes ot should I say get higher, can they put you out or they just "adjust" your rent? If they "adjust" your rent, how much would it be? This is just a general question about the affordable lottery process. I remember applying for this housing but never got a response. I actually had gotten a really decent log number. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. But if anyone can answer my question about the annual re-certification, that would be great. Thanks!
I have the same question also?

Old 08-06-2015, 03:30 AM

34 posts, read 50,359 times
Default Annual Reviews..

Has anyone had their review yet? Wondering when they might take place. And to answer the other question once you are in an 80/20 apt it is fairly difficult to go above income. You must exceed 200k not one but 2 years in a row to be considered above income (and have your apt deregulated or kicked out I guess). Getting in is another story. The whole point is not to keep 80/20 people poor.

The review is mostly for auditing purposes to make sure you have not hit the lottery, or are not receiving illegal income. This information is on the housing connect website. Your apartment is basically rent stabilized for 15-20 years. It only goes up every year (or two) based on the city annual vote... this year 0% for a one year and 2% for a 2 year lease. They do a few annoying things in the review like contact any present or former jobs to confirm you work there, or if you left a job. You could play it off that you are looking to move if your boss asks you. One friend who lives in another 80/20 does not want his boss to find out (afraid he would stop giving him raises). Hope that helps!

Old 08-11-2015, 08:14 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
For 80/20, are assets handled the most common way, taking 2% of assets and adding that to income?

Is there ever a TOP, like would someone with $300K in the bank be disallowed?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:13 PM

88 posts, read 92,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesold1 View Post
I have the same question also?
I was wondering did u ever get awarded an apt...I seen your post say they sent ur documents for approval in October...how did things go?

Old 04-04-2016, 10:17 PM

11 posts, read 14,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellskitchenmom View Post
For anyone currently waiting for HPD approval, it can take up to 6 weeks - Ava called me exactly at the 6 week mark. I had almost given up hope after missing a call from HPD two weeks into the wait, but apparently they were just backed up. We move into our apartment later this month.

Good luck to anyone waiting. You're in the home stretch!
Hi. Did they ask for any notarized paper work? thank you

Old 04-04-2016, 10:23 PM

Default notarize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchykuba View Post
My log number is in the 3,000 range. I was contacted in late December to bring in a list of documents. I was called back the same evening with an appointment in early January. I was also told to bring a money order for $25.00 for the credit/background check. I had another appointment this past Monday to bring in some notarized documents. That is the last I heard.

Keeping my fingers cross...good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.
Hi Could you tell what notarized documents they ask? Also do they contact the banks and ask for confirmation?
Just wondering because i have two bank account but one is inactive... Thank you

Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 PM

What kid of notarized letters please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery