Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 11:18 PM

35 posts, read 100,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalove1 View Post
I viewed my unit today, I have a one bedroom apartment and it is small. Even though yes its rent stabilized I am in the unit not as someone with low income. The building is divided. Some are paying 845 for a one bedroom and I will be paying 1214 for my one bedroom. I am a government worker, so working for the city doesn't stop you from being able to get one of the units. Tomorrow I'll be signing my lease, but I am going to find out if any one bedrooms are available to see if I can look at it to see the difference. I dont see where I can upload pictures because I would. Even with everything I will be taking the unit regardless if I cant get a bigger one bedroom unit. These apartment are made small, which is absurd.
That sucks that the apt is small, hopefully they have another bigger one bedroom floor plan that they'd allow you to choose from. Besides it being small how was the apt.? Any hardwood floors, dining area, open floorplan, one or two baths (I'm assuming 1 since you said it's small)? How are the appliances? If you saw any neighbors did they look decent? At least everything is new in the apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 01:27 AM

21 posts, read 43,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
That sucks that the apt is small, hopefully they have another bigger one bedroom floor plan that they'd allow you to choose from. Besides it being small how was the apt.? Any hardwood floors, dining area, open floorplan, one or two baths (I'm assuming 1 since you said it's small)? How are the appliances? If you saw any neighbors did they look decent? At least everything is new in the apt.
The apartment is great, bathroom everything new looks like IKEA just the size of the living room and bedroom which is right next to each other is very small. That seems as though its a low income one lol not to be funny if im paying full price i would like to get a bigger one bedroom. Appliances are good, marble top in the kitchen. the bathroom is so pretty the sink is designed like its a hotel basically. I didnt see any people. good parking too

Old 03-01-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlon0504 View Post
Received a call yesterday. I will be viewing the apartment on Tuesday. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Congrats! Can you please let us know your thoughts about your unit, how it looks, the building, and people already living there?

Old 03-01-2016, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 37,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamalove1 View Post
The apartment is great, bathroom everything new looks like IKEA just the size of the living room and bedroom which is right next to each other is very small. That seems as though its a low income one lol not to be funny if im paying full price i would like to get a bigger one bedroom. Appliances are good, marble top in the kitchen. the bathroom is so pretty the sink is designed like its a hotel basically. I didnt see any people. good parking too
Congrats, I think you can upload the pictures here.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:18 PM

4 posts, read 8,736 times
Also, being a city employee, I have regular pay stubs. But I recently closed a bank account and began banking with MCU. I have 3-4 months of statements as opposed to the requested 6. Do you think this would be problematic even though I have 6 most recent pay stubs?

Old 03-01-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granma26 View Post
Also, being a city employee, I have regular pay stubs. But I recently closed a bank account and began banking with MCU. I have 3-4 months of statements as opposed to the requested 6. Do you think this would be problematic even though I have 6 most recent pay stubs?
Maybe you can give a few of the older statements if you have it. Just let the person know your situation when your interviewed.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:54 AM

11 posts, read 22,412 times
I think all the apartments are made small. I will be living in a 3 bedroom, and it is small. The 3 bedrooms include 2 bathrooms; which I found quite surprising. There's a closet next to the door which is a coat closet. There's also a linen closet which is small. The bathrooms and kitchen are nice. The medicine cabinet is narrow. Overall, I am thankful. There's a lot of hospital staff who park their cars on the block so parking on the street will be quite challenging especially during the mornings and afternoons. They will have parking in the building but it's not ready yet. There will also be a m
monthly fee. Laundry room is small but 2.25 is better than paying 4.25. Lol. I have pictures but I can't post them.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:01 AM

11 posts, read 22,412 times
Also the community center for events. Is nice as well. It's actually directly across from the super's apartment.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I think all the apartments are made small. I will be living in a 3 bedroom, and it is small. The 3 bedrooms include 2 bathrooms; which I found quite surprising. There's a closet next to the door which is a coat closet. There's also a linen closet which is small. The bathrooms and kitchen are nice. The medicine cabinet is narrow. Overall, I am thankful. There's a lot of hospital staff who park their cars on the block so parking on the street will be quite challenging especially during the mornings and afternoons. They will have parking in the building but it's not ready yet. There will also be a m
monthly fee. Laundry room is small but 2.25 is better than paying 4.25. Lol. I have pictures but I can't post them.

Congrats!!!! Which building is it for? I wonder if all the apartments in both buildings are made the same. The 2 baths are a great surprise. Is there a separate dining area, or is it one open space with the living room area? Thanks for all of your insight.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:07 PM

7,914 posts, read 7,972,580 times
Quote:
use this

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery