Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 09:53 AM

35 posts, read 100,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trese0215 View Post
Did they send you a letter saying you was denied ? Because I got denied at first & once I got the letter in the mail I appeal it & I got approved & moved in about 3 weeks ago
No, I haven't gotten any letter in the mail. All it was was her replying to an email I sent her saying that my income is too high and that was all. Can you please tell me how you appeal? Do I have to write them a letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:41 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
I would email back right away and ask to appeal. Seems to me they should at least tell you how they calculated your income and what they have determined it is.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:18 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
I emailed her and asked if there were any updates with my application and she replied saying that she just received an update and that it has been determined that my income is over the guideline. There wasn't any mention of an appeal, or anything at all. How do I even appeal?
Did you have an actual interview or did you just send her all your information?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Did you have an actual interview or did you just send her all your information?
I interviewed in May 2015.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I would email back right away and ask to appeal. Seems to me they should at least tell you how they calculated your income and what they have determined it is.
I emailed her, but she hasn't responded. I will be calling them also. I recalculated my stuff myself again and im under the income. I don't understand how they calculated me over. :-/

Old 03-17-2016, 02:49 PM

9 posts, read 17,652 times
Hi and congrats to those who received good news and luck to those still waiting!

I was recently emailed an invitation to come in for an interview for the Rubin Wolfe Residences in the Bronx on Mar 23rd. I had a few questions as to how the process might work in reference to my situation.

1. I am applied as a household of three and I am looking to get a 2Bd unit. My salary fits the bracket and is about $1500 below the max. I don't have much saved to speak of so I'm hoping I'll remain qualified regarding income. I am the only working person in my household of 3 adults (my brother who will live me just turned 18 last month and is still in HS. the other adult is unemployed with no income.) My salary will be the only income would that be an issue with 3 adults in the household?

2. My credit is not in the greatest shape but I have no evictions, bankruptcies, repos or public records on file. I also have less than 1K in debt other than student loans which are in good standing. I am in the process of repairing my credit and recently have settled all collections (1 account) which will hopefully be removed before the inquiry. How strict are they regarding credit scores. I have much more faith in my report than the actual score?

3. What flags are they looking for when it comes to the background check? What is its purpose. We have no felonies.

Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Old 03-17-2016, 04:00 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Basically, you need to go on the interview and find out. There may be a credit score that they have in mind. If you fall below that, you may be disqualified.

The income is the most important thing. You sound as if you're in the bracket, and that's good. As far as being the only income for three adults, I honestly don't know how that will be handled. I always think that these apartments are intended for a single working mother with kids. But you might fit the bill also.

Make good copies of all the documents asked for. Make sure to copy all pages of your banking statements, even the blank ones. Give them copies of the income tax returns asked for.

All three of you need to go on the interview. Dress nicely and be friendly, but not chatty. Answer everything honestly, but don't volunteer any unneeded information. There's basically nothing more you can do but present yourselves well and be honest. The city is very strict about vetting people. If you're qualified, you'll have a chance! Keep your spirits up and take your shot! Best of luck!

Old 03-17-2016, 05:56 PM

9 posts, read 17,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Basically, you need to go on the interview and find out. There may be a credit score that they have in mind. If you fall below that, you may be disqualified.

The income is the most important thing. You sound as if you're in the bracket, and that's good. As far as being the only income for three adults, I honestly don't know how that will be handled. I always think that these apartments are intended for a single working mother with kids. But you might fit the bill also.

Make good copies of all the documents asked for. Make sure to copy all pages of your banking statements, even the blank ones. Give them copies of the income tax returns asked for.

All three of you need to go on the interview. Dress nicely and be friendly, but not chatty. Answer everything honestly, but don't volunteer any unneeded information. There's basically nothing more you can do but present yourselves well and be honest. The city is very strict about vetting people. If you're qualified, you'll have a chance! Keep your spirits up and take your shot! Best of luck!
Thank you much!

Old 03-17-2016, 06:24 PM

8 posts, read 15,195 times
I haven't got approved yet but just curious. Does all the adult household member has to be present when you sign the lease? My wife went abroad to see her parents. Do you guys think it's gonna be a problem?

Old 03-17-2016, 06:42 PM

8 posts, read 15,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
I emailed her and asked if there were any updates with my application and she replied saying that she just received an update and that it has been determined that my income is over the guideline. There wasn't any mention of an appeal, or anything at all. How do I even appeal?
You will receive a rejection letter. You have two weeks or ten business days to appeal.
As described in the rejection letter,you will need to submit an appeal in writing the developer , explaining the reason you believe the rejection was an error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery