Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:14 AM

64 posts, read 146,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerscrossednyc View Post
Thank you c983c!

That's what I would think, macnyc2003. That's exactly what happened. It is cheaper for these companies to hire employees who live outside of this expensive city than to pay the ones who live here. It doesn't help when the cost of living is so out of control. It would be a miracle if this all works out!

Good news, I've moved on to the interview stage! Not sure what to expect so would definitely appreciate any advice. Still waiting on the information of what I need to bring to the interview, but from what I've heard, I'm essentially representing the same information plus birth certificate and social security card?
They should be sending you a email or us mail of all items you must bring with you .also make sure you keep a copy of everything you give the nuts at Breaking Ground,they are known to screw up and over folks.ps I know I dealt with them for my apt at 535w43.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 08:39 AM

12 posts, read 15,717 times
Waiting for a interview date response is terrible. It's been 5 days now and i have yet to get a response. Can you tell me what the interview process was like noirKervin?

Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 PM

11 posts, read 13,404 times
Joejoe1471 -

They wanted to see letters that state I no longer work at certain jobs (previous job mainly). Then paperwork filled by my current landlord, paperwork to be filled by previous employers + future as well, and a notarized projection of my future earnings/expenses. I'm a freelancer so maybe that's why.

Only looked over my tax returns & invoices, not sure why everything else wasn't taken into account.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:37 PM

11 posts, read 13,404 times
noirkervin - how are you enjoying your apartment at 535w43rd? was it worth going through the whole process? thank you! x

Old 08-06-2017, 06:43 AM

12 posts, read 15,717 times
Today makes the 6th day since i recieved the first email. I'm still waiting on a response....smh!

Old 08-06-2017, 09:42 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,464,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello.kitty View Post
Joejoe1471 -

They wanted to see letters that state I no longer work at certain jobs (previous job mainly). Then paperwork filled by my current landlord, paperwork to be filled by previous employers + future as well, and a notarized projection of my future earnings/expenses. I'm a freelancer so maybe that's why.

Only looked over my tax returns & invoices, not sure why everything else wasn't taken into account.
Did they have you have employers who pay you as an independent contractor (as a 1099) to fill out a form that has absolutely no relevance to freelance (independent contractor) employment? So far, BG seems to be the only marketing agent that does this for 1099 income, at least in my experience.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:16 PM

21 posts, read 26,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl718 View Post
Today makes the 6th day since i recieved the first email. I'm still waiting on a response....smh!
same here. very frustrating..

Old 08-06-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Questions? | New York City Housing Development Corporation

Why wasn't I accepted for an apartment?

There may be many reasons, but the most frequent is because you did not meet income eligibility requirements. The federal government and/or HDC set minimum requirements; however, the developer may also set additional requirements concerning the applicant's ability to be a responsible tenant. If you feel you were unfairly or wrongly rejected for an apartment, you must contact the managing agent first. The managing agent should have given you a written reason for rejection and a time frame for appealing the owner's decision, typically fourteen days. If you have not been given an opportunity to appeal, please call HDC at (212) 227-5500 and ask to speak to someone in the Compliance Unit or you can e-mail HDC at hdccompliance@nychdc.com. Please provide as much information about your situation as possible, including complete contact information; someone from the Compliance Unit will contact you to follow up on your situation.
And being breaking ground is the company filling the affordable units for the development owner,DO NOT TAKE THEIR WORD WITH A GRAIN OF SALT,THEY HALF AZZZ DO THINGS RIGHT.AND LIE LIKE USHER .I KNOW I HAD TO GO THOUGH HPD,CAUSE THEY SAID I WON MY APPLE BUT THEY HAD NO MORE APARTMENT,YET I KNEW IF YOU APPEAL THEY CAN'T RENT THE APARTMENT TILL U LOOSE YOUR LAST APPEAL AND THATS THOUGH H.P.D.,DO NOT TRUST BREAKING GROUND

Old 08-06-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zx6two6 View Post
I recently got approved but have an issue maybe someone can help me out and give me an answer to my question. I purchase a home with my kids father about 12 years ago and separated but never got a divorce nor a legal separation with him. Basically he went his way and I went my way but kept in contact only because of kids. Now I'm being asked about any assets I have which the house is because I'm on the loan. My question is would me getting legally separated and filling out a quick claim form giving him full responsibility to the house help me out?
You owning a house is going to disqualify you,separated or not. and when they run your credit it's going to show up under outstanding debts and payment history,

Old 08-06-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglavidabroka View Post
My friend was treated like she was asking for welfare benefits. She made all these demands and questioned everything. Treated her like dirt. She didn't bother going back for the additional paperwork she wanted.
Tell your friend to asks for the nasty heifers supervisor,and then if she's still not satisfied to call H.P.D.the lady over this building at H.P.D is helpful and nice,I know I got my apartment thanks to her. after the rec Tums at Breaking Ground lied to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: