Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,370 times

Advertisements

Good thing I checked here. Application was in my mail when I got back from Florida tonight, postmark was Dec. 19, I left the 21st, and the deadline on there was the 23rd - I was WTH? I was thinking about sending it in anyway, figuring maybe they will extend since who could make that deadline, especially by regular mail? I am not too optimistic anyway as I am already really close to the 125% of max limit on a 1 bedroom, I will sleep on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 04:41 AM

23 posts, read 70,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
Sorry I thought it is useless, so I tear it down.
Is any way we can get the copy again?

Sorry..
Go ask your co-worker for another copy.

#1 lesson. Don't tear paper down immidately

Old 01-02-2017, 08:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,651 times
Default I never received my application either - they stopped mailing them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsugar View Post
hey everyone!

Happy holiday!
I just want to check, did anyone got their application back from the towers of bay ridge lottery?
They are supposed to mail it out by december 2nd but i've never received it. I didn't receive a return mail on delivery failed either. Just want to check if anyone got it, or maybe they never mailed it out?
I think i will give them a call tomorrow (if i remember!)
thanks,
-sugar
================================================== =========

i sent in a request for the application in december. They never sent it to me. Then they said the deadline expired. Then they exteneded the deadline to the 1/3/17, but never notified me and i found it in the bay news on the new years eve weekend, 1/31/16. Then sunday is 1/1/16 and then monday is 1/2/16 (a holdiday - everyhhing is closed) and then the dealine is 1/3/17. They are a real low life rip off, incompetent, scam artist company.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
i haven't received anything from them either, they probably haven't even sent them out yet!
the deadline was the 23rd, of course they sent them out already and on the last ones coming in, i think they decided just not to send them out at all.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsugar View Post
just an update. Finally got someone to answer the phone in dhcr. They admit that no one is over seeing the process and the chance to obtain a second copy of the application is minimal. Nevertheless, i filed a complain and got to cotact number of the person in charge of the towers of bay ridge. Was instructed to call her in a few days to follow up.
by all means, please tell us the phone number.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 PM

189 posts, read 287,535 times
Question:

Where was this apartment advertised? what website?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:10 AM

42 posts, read 59,357 times
Has anyone heard back yet re: their application status? They claim that they'll notify you if you are placed on the waiting list and if not send back your $200 application fee.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:43 AM

6 posts, read 8,881 times
Just an update.. I just received a letter saying I have been selected for the 3 BR wait list...

Old 03-28-2017, 05:24 PM

42 posts, read 59,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnmommy View Post
Just an update.. I just received a letter saying I have been selected for the 3 BR wait list...
Thanks for the update. I recently received my waiting list letter as well (1 br). Now the waiting game really begins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: