Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 12:51 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
In the words of my fellow city-data goer, HellUpInHarlem: Sh*t just got real!
I just got a call from the management office agent letting me know that I'm approved!
We made an appointment for me to come in this Friday so that I can select my unit. After which they'll
contact me again the next week about the lease signing date. Finally!!!!!! I'll definitely update you guys
Friday night! {insert happy dance}
Congrats! Be sure to take pics. What size apt will you be getting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 01:02 PM

885 posts, read 1,374,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Congrats! Be sure to take pics. What size apt will you be getting?
Yes, I definitely plan to take some flicks! I hope he doesn't look at me funny for doing so lol
I'll be going to select a 2 bdrm apartment

Old 06-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
I have a two bedroom My child has one large window in his room and has a great view of downtown NYC.

My biggest issue is the bathroom location.
So I take it you're on a higher floor? I'm wondering if I should take a lower floor.

What's wrong with the bathroom location?

Old 06-05-2018, 12:01 PM

111 posts, read 207,373 times
Quote:
So I take it you're on a higher floor? I'm wondering if I should take a lower floor.

What's wrong with the bathroom location?
I'm on a higher floor. I prefer the higher floor I absolutely love the amount of sunlight I receive. I'm on the 5th Avenue side, with windows open it can be loud.

The bathroom is aligned with the front door, so if you're in the bathroom anyone coming in will see you.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
I'm on a higher floor. I prefer the higher floor I absolutely love the amount of sunlight I receive. I'm on the 5th Avenue side, with windows open it can be loud.

The bathroom is aligned with the front door, so if you're in the bathroom anyone coming in will see you.
Ah okay, i get what you mean lol well i guess just keeping the door closed when you're in there could alleviate that problem. Do you have a window in your bathroom? That could help with the air in the bathroom, and they're great since the steam escapes quicker with a window in there

Old 06-05-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Ah okay, i get what you mean lol well i guess just keeping the door closed when you're in there could alleviate that problem. Do you have a window in your bathroom? That could help with the air in the bathroom, and they're great since the steam escapes quicker with a window in there
There’s windows in every bathroom, AND we have heated bathrooms

Old 06-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
There’s windows in every bathroom, AND we have heated bathrooms
Nice! Nothing like sitting on a warm throne in the winter time lol
Happy about that bathroom window too, Friday can't get here fast enough!

Old 06-05-2018, 12:49 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,242,166 times
Wow so many people I've seen on this forum for so long seem to be getting in here. Congrats! I lived in Lenox Terrace (your neighbor complex) 12 years ago. They area was hood but I never had any issues. What I wouldn't have given to have all the amenities that have now popped up on 125th street. It had some stuff but now its almost like 34th street. I'd move back to that area for an affordable apartment.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Wow so many people I've seen on this forum for so long seem to be getting in here. Congrats! I lived in Lenox Terrace (your neighbor complex) 12 years ago. They area was hood but I never had any issues. What I wouldn't have given to have all the amenities that have now popped up on 125th street. It had some stuff but now its almost like 34th street. I'd move back to that area for an affordable apartment.
Thanks! I considered Lenox Terrace as well but their market rate units were too high for me at the time.
I hear that they'll be expanding LT over the next few years and plan to make a good chunk of those units affordable so you may get your chance in the near future!

Yeah Harlem has definitely come up and I say that as a native, born and raised in the neighborhood all my life (with the exception of living in Maryland for college). I'd love to see a Trader Joes uptown soon but for now, I'm content with Whole Foods on 125th and Fairway (they deliver! lol). I also don't work too far from a Trader Joes so i can pick up a bag or so on my break if need be.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Nice! Nothing like sitting on a warm throne in the winter time lol
Happy about that bathroom window too, Friday can't get here fast enough!
it’s not a bad thing to have, bathrooms are known to be cold in temp. The good thing about having windows in your bathroom is, it eliminates odors quickly. When I clean my bathroom floors, they dry fast with em open
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery