Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 08:58 PM

87 posts, read 118,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapt View Post
I thought HDC calls you when you're approved? What do you mean your certification is coming up, do you mean to renew your current lease? Does the email tell you that you can go to their office to sign a lease? I would inquire about the one bedroom you will get tired of the small space a studio provides
No, I won the lottery for the first time and about to get an apartment. So I got an email from my agent who's working with my application saying that the management approved me for a studio, and they need my updated bank statements and paystubs, despite my interview was done recently, in mid December. This is my first affordable housing that I'm about to get. So I sent them the updated documents they requested but didn't mention anything about the 1 bedroom option. Since it's only approved by the management and HPD probably working on it now, I didn't want to somehow affect the process by asking about 1 bedrooms. I would rather ask about it when I go for certification. The agent said that the certification appointment will be next week, waiting for it.

Yes, I was thinking about the same thing. If I get a studio, I can move it there but keep looking for other options to upgrade myself to 1 bedroom which is a hassle. But if they assign me a 1 bedroom then I wouldn't even bother to look for other buildings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 05:13 PM

40 posts, read 53,910 times
I was contacted a week and a half ago.. sent in paperwork within 2’days and received a called today that i am approved by HUD. I am going to see apartment tomorrow. Wonder how small they are. I can share deets tomorrow!

Old 02-13-2019, 08:48 PM

13 posts, read 13,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay649737 View Post
I was contacted a week and a half ago.. sent in paperwork within 2’days and received a called today that i am approved by HUD. I am going to see apartment tomorrow. Wonder how small they are. I can share deets tomorrow!
Congratulations! And yes yes! Please share!

Old 02-13-2019, 09:06 PM

87 posts, read 118,748 times
Quote:
Congrats!!! We'll wait

Old 02-15-2019, 09:48 AM

16 posts, read 21,069 times
Default Approved

HDC approved my file as well, I am now waiting for section 8 to give me an inspection date, to then inspect the apt and tell me when I can come in to sign the actual lease and obtain keys.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:54 AM

16 posts, read 21,069 times
I love the apt size but to each is own

Old 02-15-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapt View Post
I love the apt size but to each is own

How many bedrooms? Do you know the sq ft?

Old 02-15-2019, 05:11 PM

So i went to see 2 apartments one today and one yesterday. They accidentally showed me somone elses the day before. The apartments are TINY! They are junior apartments. I am going to sign the lease Monday at the office in Queens. No central
Air so you’ll need AC units for all rooms. Heat is from floor lined radiators. The stove is what i dislike the most. Its stainless steel but the actual burner is electrical. The spiral Kind that turns red when hot! Laundry is on the 1st floor and only 6 or 7 washers/dryers operates from 7a-11p.
The building allows 1 small pet per apartment. The roof is pretty cool nice view! Can bring a chair but no bikes and such and Manhattan view but from afar. Visual imterrcom

If they havent already ran my credit, i wouldnt accept a junior 2br for $1900 a month but im looking to buy a house and dont need an extra inquiry on my report so i will just accept. Area is decent, not hectic. About almost 700sqft
Thanks to all who congratulated and good luck.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
So i went to see 2 apartments one today and one yesterday. They accidentally showed me somone elses the day before. The apartments are TINY! They are junior apartments. I am going to sign the lease Monday at the office in Queens. No central
Air so you’ll need AC units for all rooms. Heat is from floor lined radiators. The stove is what i dislike the most. Its stainless steel but the actual burner is electrical. The spiral Kind that turns red when hot! Laundry is on the 1st floor and only 6 or 7 washers/dryers operates from 7a-11p.
The building allows 1 small pet per apartment. The roof is pretty cool nice view! Can bring a chair but no bikes and such and Manhattan view but from afar. Visual imterrcom

If they havent already ran my credit, i wouldnt accept a junior 2br for $1900 a month but im looking to buy a house and dont need an extra inquiry on my report so i will just accept. Area is decent, not hectic. About almost 700sqft
Thanks to all who congratulated and good luck.

Oh wow thanks for the update and details about the apartment!! I was wondering what the apartment style was and the size!! Enjoy your new place!

Old 02-15-2019, 05:41 PM

You’re welcome! I used to look at these for others to share details no one really does so im playing my
Part!
https://www.douglastondevelopment.co...rand-concourse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery