Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 10:42 AM

42 posts, read 80,926 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, I was told the 3-bed co-op were already allocated. Therefore, I won't be a part of this new green venture. For nearly three weeks, I've been depressed. So, I went shopping to make myself feel happy. Congrats to all of you who received their OP. Hopefully, there will be a similar opportunity in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 PM

25 posts, read 43,360 times
Hi all- I've been reading this message board for some time now, and am very pleased to say that I went in to sign my purchase agreement today! I am very excited for the opportunity to live in this great new place and be part of the revitalization of the South Bronx! And I can't wait to meet all of my new neighbors! Good luck to everyone still going through the process!

Old 12-16-2011, 11:24 PM

68 posts, read 148,375 times
This is a very exciting time for the South Bronx. I am awaiting countersigned Purchase Agreement also. Been following this forum for a while also. Looking forward to next year when this process is over.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:20 PM

109 posts, read 205,933 times
Awesome. I am glad to read of others that are going through this purchase process as well. I signed mine in early November and still haven't heard back from HPD or the developer. After reading that some of you saw your units I sent them an email inquiring about viewing the exact unit that I purchased; I have yet to do so.

I am excited about the development and the opportunity to be a part of the vision of what Via Verde will contribute to the community.

REMINDER- The deadline for the rental apartments is December 27th. Please share this information amongst your family/friends/networks/etc. I have gotten a handful of loved ones whom fall within the income guidelines to apply. I hope they get it in; they are all great educated professionals. We need renters that will be as proud and invested into Via Verde as the purchasers.

Have a great week and Happy Holidays.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:16 AM

48 posts, read 138,867 times
I totally agree with JBronxite...it is my hope that the renters take care of the property and be apart of something great. I'm excited for the opportunity yet so nervous at the same I guess 1st time home buyer jitters. Good luck to all.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:47 PM

Yes it is a long process of wait and then wait some more. But in the end i think we will all be happy. I did find out about the interior plaza open to the public. they had reported that the Interior Plaza as reported in a magazine was referring to the Residents NOT the General public at large, is what they told me. There will also be metal gates at both Brook ave entrances and Cameras at most roof garden entrances, Brook ave, 156th street, lobbys, elevators, fitness center, basemen5ts, bike rooms as well as an attendant in the lobbys and Co Op main entrance. There is a Big Box Commercial/Residential Complex and Movie Theater/Entertainment center being built by BlackAcres at Westchester near Brook the lots in that area. So we can walk to the movies...It will be called "Plaza at the Hub".BoogieDowner: Plaza of the Hub - Mott Haven Gets A Little Bit Cooler

Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM

109 posts, read 205,933 times
Happy New Year!

So last week I got to see my apt for the first time along with the model apt. Loved them! I can see the comments about the space being a little small, speaking about the duplex. I am also comparing this to my apt now which was built in the 80's and pre-war buildings in which the apts are huge. If you compare to other new builds I think they are right in line.

Fitness center space looked nice but small so may join the new Planet Fitness around the corner as well (still way cheaper than my NYSC membership). The video intercom looked really low to identify someones face. Rooftops were beautiful and I am sure I will never grow tired of the view of the NY skyline.

I received a letter from the developers attorney that they received my down payment. Eleanor also explained that the city housing is switching offices so she is holding our documents so they don't get lost in the shuffle. She also said they have a few of the two bedroom walk ups located in the townhouses left. I also received a call from the Chase Loan officer, just introducing himself. Hopefully we can lock in this all time low mortgage rate. Monthly payments would be less than the estimate.

@DowntownBX, I think that project is dead in the water. That post is over three years old with no updates or ground breaking. Supermarket would be nice. I feel like a movie theater would attract the same crowd as the one by the grand concourse and 163rd.... not good at all.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM

@ JBronxite- Thanks for the info on the HUB. Too bad if it is dead. Would be nice. Yea the Fitness center is Kinda small as they left more open space on the Fitness Roof as they call it. The Bedrooms are pretty consistent in size to other modern buildings but can't compare to older prewar buildings but i am looking forward to the roof view also and the rood dining and tanning roof in the tower.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 PM

This article is dated May 2011 so we may be getting that supemarket and other Community space in the area. I met someone from St Anns Terrace who just moved in from Upper West Side and he told me that St Anns will be opening a supermarker soon.

The Developer for the Melrose School/Super Market Etc is at this link.
Triangle Equities To Develop Bronx Hub | WestchesterRealEstateInformation.com

Old 01-03-2012, 10:23 PM

Supermarket/School/Restaurants/Legal Services and Fitness Center are all possibilities at the site formerly earmarked for Movie and Entertainment complex down on Brook-149th and Westchester.

The two sites—which will be purchased by Triangle from the city for $6.2 million—are bound by Westchester Avenue on the north and East 149th Street on the south, according to the NYCEDC. On the first site at 430 Westchester Ave., the developer will construct a two-story 50,000-square-foot school building and 6,000 square feet of additional retail.
The second 58,000-square-foot site between East 149th Street, Brook Avenue and Westchester Avenue will include a three-story mixed-use structure. Thus far, Dallas BBQ restaurant and Pioneer supermarkets have submitted letters of interest for the 28,000-square-foot space on the ground floor of the building. Legal Services for New York City has submitted a letter of intent for 25,000 square feet of space on the third floor, which will provide free legal services to low-income residents. The NYCEDC anticipates the 25,000 square foot second floor will be utilized for a fitness center, according to a statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery