Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 AM

29 posts, read 71,078 times

Advertisements

@MsTaz, I too have a few guest waiting to come over. Guess I better start shopping for a grill. Lol....can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 AM

109 posts, read 205,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTaz10451 View Post
Wow. Yeah, you should kick urself. I would have taken that myself.

Backyard: It may not be enough room. I already have alot of invited guests. lol
LOL yes I do kick myself but overall feel good because I hear that a family of four got the apartment and since I am buying alone they can better utilize the extra space. I am happy with my duplex. :-)

Old 03-12-2012, 03:53 PM

42 posts, read 80,885 times
I am ready to move. I am getting anxious so I am going to start to pack away things soon. I think it is safe to say, I won't be needing my winter clothes anymore.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
Hello everyone, I read everyone's post and decided to join your forum. My have a few questions I have an interview on March 22 and its for a 3 bedroom apt. I would like to know is the 3 bedroom a duplex and do they come with washer and dryer or is it only for co-op apts. I hear everyone talking about buying and no one really discussing renting. Is their anyone who can help me with some information also, after the interview how long is the process to find out if your excepted. Thank you guys for you input.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnytam View Post
Hello everyone, I read everyone's post and decided to join your forum. My have a few questions I have an interview on March 22 and its for a 3 bedroom apt. I would like to know is the 3 bedroom a duplex and do they come with washer and dryer or is it only for co-op apts. I hear everyone talking about buying and no one really discussing renting. Is their anyone who can help me with some information also, after the interview how long is the process to find out if your excepted. Thank you guys for you input.
Hi Sunnytam,
Welcome to the forum and the thread. Congrats on your interview! To answer your questions, looking at the floor plans it seems as though only the mid-rise building has duplexes so if they followed the same layout as the co-ops, which I imagine they would, then the rentals would be two bedrooms as well. But that leaves good news because I hear the views from the high rise are breathtaking. The rentals will not have washer and dryers in the apt but will have a laundry room on the ground floor which I imagine is going to be large considering the number of apartments it will be servicing.

I agree there should be more discussion about the rentals. I am surprised it has been so quite compared to some of the other lottery based housing threads during their initial process (Bruckner by the bridge, st anns, northrose…). So if anyone is lurking about, please join the conversation lol

Have a great day!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 PM

68 posts, read 148,329 times
@JBronxite There are Gates up at both complex openings now including the Main entrance. So people cannot just walk in.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 AM

25 posts, read 43,343 times
Does anyone have any updates on when people will actually start moving in? Last I heard it was late April/early May...

Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCsinger View Post
Does anyone have any updates on when people will actually start moving in? Last I heard it was late April/early May...

Thanks @DowntownBX, I actually drove by two weeks ago to walk along the side walk and took a peek into the super's apartment lol I wonder if you all are going to get planters in your backyard like that one. Pretty nice.

The latest update I have heard is May. Still have some units to sell. I want to move already...

Old 03-21-2012, 05:03 PM

29 posts, read 71,078 times
I walked by this weekend and also took a peek inside the supers unit. And yes, the last time I went into my unit, they had put planters in the backyard.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 PM

Amazing, love their attention to detail.

Though not for nothing, who is seriously considering updating the fixtures in their bathroom?... there is where they skimped on expenses. Though the purchase agreement makes it sound close to impossible unless you want to keep the existing sink in storage or something hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery