Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 AM

109 posts, read 205,830 times

Advertisements

@DowntownBX- Not good, GREAT.

@lcouncil- Ahhh yes the wait is the most painful. What are you going to do between leases? I believe you said your lease is up at the end of the month. Although I would LOVE to move early May, I realistically don’t see that happening if renters and purchasers will be moving in at the same time. Purchasers still need to go on a final walk-through of their units, closing with attorneys, and a meeting with all purchasers (can’t recall the order and I don’t have my purchase agreement on hand). I don’t see that happening in the next two weeks for an early May move-in. But I will keep my fingers crossed and say a little prayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 AM

140 posts, read 395,664 times
@JBronxite- I believe that is the other prospective renter on this forum. I unfortunately still live at home which means no lease troubles for me.

And you're right! I didn't even think about the process the owners have to complete and I was told your group moves in first so I'm sure it's a much longer wait than I was thinking. Hopefully if my caseworker was right, the building will be done by the end of the week which means the owners can move along in their process..

Unrealistic wishful thinking on my behalf..

Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM

@lcouncil- Sorry for the confusion. I was going to go back and look but took a gamble lol. I fortunately live at home so am happy I don't have to worry about a lease either. Plus I get to save some money for furniture :-)

Trust, my wishful thinking hopes to receive a call or email today telling me to move in tomorrow… I’m so anxious! lol

Old 04-25-2012, 09:21 AM

@JBronxite- No problem! Unfortunately there haven't been many updates from prospective renters (other than twinmami and I) but then again, my log number was below 20 and I was seen over 2 months ago so maybe prospective renters are just waiting to see what happens?? Either way, I'm just a nervous wreck so I've been putting my 2 cents in whenever I received ANY information! lol

But I guess the wait continues..

Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 AM

@lcouncil- I wish there were more updates from the renters! I am so surprised that there hasn't been more people on the thread. I definitely appreciate your updates so keep them coming!Sounds like you have an inside man

I am addicted to checking this thread for updates. lol

Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 AM

I wouldn't say inside man.. Just a smile and persistance.. Or to be honest, annoying one's caseworker for any little detail can work wonders.. lol

Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM

25 posts, read 43,343 times
I am anxious to move in like you guys! I called Eleanor the other day to see if she had an idea of when move-in will be and she said it's looking like late June to early July right now (!!!). Everytime I ask, it seems to be getting pushed further & further back I hope for all of our sakes that her most recent estimate is wrong (in favor of an earlier move-in, of course!)

Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM

So I called my loan officer. He said they will be converting the building next month and looking to close in June.

Hopefully that means house warming parties in July

Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM

Oh, almost forgot, the loan officer also heard that there are only nine units left to sell. This is great news

Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 AM

Just got the call!! I've been accepted!!! Yay!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery