Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 08:59 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
The self-employment affidavit is different than the employment (or lack of) verification form. Ask your marketing agent for the self-employment form, I was given a standard form but some agencies just ask you to do a notarized letter. The agency will send you the employment verification to you to sign and then send it to your former employers.
Oh I am not talking about self-employment

"proof of end of employment or a notarized self-affidavit stating last date of employment for any previous jobs listed on application or current tax return"

The way it is worded it is also a self-affidavit. Basically, I am looking for the proof I no longer work at my previous jobs but I didn't know if there was a format for that. I called but it still seemed unclear to me. She said my previous letters of resignation from then would not count since it was a while ago and I needed something more recent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 09:10 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post

"proof of end of employment or a notarized self-affidavit stating last date of employment for any previous jobs listed on application or current tax return"

The way it is worded it is also a self-affidavit. Basically, I am looking for the proof I no longer work at my previous jobs but I didn't know if there was a format for that. I called but it still seemed unclear to me. She said my previous letters of resignation from then would not count since it was a while ago and I needed something more recent.
You'll have to ask them again I guess. In my experience, I was provided a employment verification form that I had to fill out providing the prior company's info and signing to give them permission to contact them and then they sent that to the company asking them to fill out a section that confirmed that I no longer worked there.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:12 PM

800 posts, read 729,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
When you went to see the apartments, did they show you only 1 apartment and 1 layout?
Yup just the apartment I was assigned to. If I didn’t like it I could’ve rejected it and then scheduled again to see a different layout.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post

I requested an employment verification from my prior employer. Worked fine for me. Yours is probably dated too long ago. Are you able to request one again with a current date?

I had to do a self affidavit that I am no longer self employed. Basically just wrote “I, my name, do hereby certify that I am no longer self employed” and that I don’t have net earnings from self employment in 2022. & then had that notarized. You can maybe tweak that to say you are no longer employed by x company as of x date.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chchandbongit View Post
Hey all!

First post here. My partner and I are hoping for a 2bed. We're both freelancers and fit firmly within the income brackets but are worried our income is hard for them to map out (especially post-covid). Income in 2020 looked completely different (read: tough) to 2021 (better) and now 2022 (all is well). Anyone have any experience having applied to Sven or any other lottery building as a freelancer (or pair of freelancers)?

Also @Ghost20 and any other car people - what's the parking vibe like? The few times we've come to visit the area, we've had no problem finding a spot, but it feels like it may be tough in reality. Anyone end up renting a space in a lot or garage?

We're so f***ing excited by the prospect of living at Sven. Marketing agents seem to think they'll get to our log number (high 6xxx) 'mid-December'. Tried to submit extra docs on the front foot and gave them EVERYTHING we could muster from the past few years. For second round of documents, what was requested of people? I've heard people have had to go through and explain every Venmo transaction and things like that.

Lastly, do they offer floorplans but not tell you what exactly what floor you'll be assigned? Or are you offered specific apartments, so when you have to decide, you can go and see exactly the one you've chosen?

Thanks in advance!
So parking is a bit tough. Depending on the time sometimes I find it quickly but other times I’ve had to circle around for a bit. I’ll probably look into getting a garage soon. I was just tryna avoid having another expense for as long as possible.

I was offered floorplans to choose from. Once selected marketing agent told me what floor my unit will be on. This was also on the packet sent to HPD.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:32 AM

26 posts, read 24,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chchandbongit View Post
Hey all!

First post here. My partner and I are hoping for a 2bed. We're both freelancers and fit firmly within the income brackets but are worried our income is hard for them to map out (especially post-covid). Income in 2020 looked completely different (read: tough) to 2021 (better) and now 2022 (all is well). Anyone have any experience having applied to Sven or any other lottery building as a freelancer (or pair of freelancers)?

Also @Ghost20 and any other car people - what's the parking vibe like? The few times we've come to visit the area, we've had no problem finding a spot, but it feels like it may be tough in reality. Anyone end up renting a space in a lot or garage?

We're so f***ing excited by the prospect of living at Sven. Marketing agents seem to think they'll get to our log number (high 6xxx) 'mid-December'. Tried to submit extra docs on the front foot and gave them EVERYTHING we could muster from the past few years. For second round of documents, what was requested of people? I've heard people have had to go through and explain every Venmo transaction and things like that.

Lastly, do they offer floorplans but not tell you what exactly what floor you'll be assigned? Or are you offered specific apartments, so when you have to decide, you can go and see exactly the one you've chosen?

Thanks in advance!

We haven't had much trouble finding parking nearby- we don't move our car everyday though so that may be a factor. We only use it about 2-3x a week but we've often found parking right on our street and a block away at most around the school towards Dutch Kills. 41st ave entrance is a small one way street so it seems to open up with a parking spot frequently. No issues with break ins so far but we don't keep anything valuable in there just in case. There is an outdoor parking lot that charges $300 across the street on Northern Blvd. The one right across the street indoors was a lot more (can't remember exact price).

Someone posted a list of what was required a few pages back but it did require venmo and paypal statements, screenshots of apple pay and paypal balances, etc. I don't remember having to explain venmo transactions but I also didn't have that many. I did have more Zelle transactions which I listed and explained in a word doc with basic info like split dinner payment/ split groceries/ etc.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:55 AM

71 posts, read 59,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Yup just the apartment I was assigned to. If I didn’t like it I could’ve rejected it and then scheduled again to see a different layout.

Which floor plan did you choose? I chose the E and asked to view the highest floor available but they just want me to schedule a viewing for a unit on 15th floor which is the lowest floor. But the floor plans they sent shows that the E layout is on 21-43 floors. There was another E layout which is a bigger unit 691sqf and only that ones are located on 15-20 floors. So the bigger E units are cheaper and on lower floors?

Old 12-13-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
Which floor plan did you choose? I chose the E and asked to view the highest floor available but they just want me to schedule a viewing for a unit on 15th floor which is the lowest floor. But the floor plans they sent shows that the E layout is on 21-43 floors. There was another E layout which is a bigger unit 691sqf and only that ones are located on 15-20 floors. So the bigger E units are cheaper and on lower floors?
I chose the smaller E @ $2,559. The other more expensive E is the bigger one with the a larger foyer. They showed me the same floor plans as you. I would ask them again if the one for $2,559 is the only one left on the 15th floor, and if so why does the floor plan say that is the more expensive ones.

Maybe they messed up the floor numbers on the floor plans and the more expensive one is higher? I wouldn’t know for sure honestly as I only saw the one I took.

Old 12-13-2022, 05:19 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
I got my TIC today for the L unit, I guess Q was not available.

Old 12-13-2022, 06:29 PM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Can anyone post a video of the apartments ?
I would like to see how the lottery apartments look
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery