Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2024, 03:18 PM

33 posts, read 15,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
It should be set on auto and then set the desired temp and it will kick on when the temp gauge reads it as lower.

Thanks , So I shouldn't be expecting heat only if my unit becomes cold enough to activate it? As it is getting warmer lately this isn't a issue no more but I appreciate all your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 03:23 PM

Has anyone gotten a e-mail about renters insurance? I did the liability only with assurantrenters the 8$/ a month plan. Does durst only accept full renters insurance that covers 10/20k for belongings? I'm getting confused by this if anyone can chime in, thanks a ton!

Old 03-08-2024, 07:12 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanysanders92 View Post
Thanks , So I shouldn't be expecting heat only if my unit becomes cold enough to activate it? As it is getting warmer lately this isn't a issue no more but I appreciate all your responses.
Yes that is correct. But if you want to test it you could set it to you want it hot and see to verify it works.

Old 03-08-2024, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Yes that is correct. But if you want to test it you could set it to you want it hot and see to verify it works.
how do I go about testing it without the unit being cold enough to activate? you mean setting the fire sign to light up?

Old 03-13-2024, 03:34 PM

6 posts, read 4,138 times
Does anybody know if there are any additional fees if I wanted to rent an amenity space, like the game room or kitchen area?

Old 03-14-2024, 08:45 AM

15 posts, read 8,229 times
In order to rent the game room or the kitchen area you must sign up for amenities (1400) then to rent the rooms it’s $100 hours an hour I was told when I signed up.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:03 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanysanders92 View Post
how do I go about testing it without the unit being cold enough to activate? you mean setting the fire sign to light up?
like if it says its 72 degrees set the desired temp to like 78 and see if it kicks on while in auto mode. If the cooling option is available though it will only be supplemental heat which is a smaller and less powerful heat option so it will not put out as much warmth. They switch the whole building between it being all heat or all cooling which we have no control over but when there is AC there is the supplemental heat it just doesn't work well.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:43 AM

66 posts, read 47,300 times
hello everyone! I have a question! Once I signed the TIC I can't refuse the apartment! I haven't seen the apartment yet! Is it normal to sign the TIC before seeing the apartment? and what exactly is TIC! Please if someone can explain to me, thank you!

Old 03-14-2024, 10:52 AM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soby View Post
hello everyone! I have a question! Once I signed the TIC I can't refuse the apartment! I haven't seen the apartment yet! Is it normal to sign the TIC before seeing the apartment? and what exactly is TIC! Please if someone can explain to me, thank you!
TIC is just to get HPD approval and has nothing to do with you being contractually bound to the apartment. Usually, most marketing agencies do TIC after the tour, but some do TIC before the tour.

Once you are approved and you get to tour the unit you are approved for then you get to decide if you want to sign the lease with the developer/leasing team. Only signing a lease post-HPD approval will render you unable to refuse the apartment since you signed a lease/contract.

In short, TIC is just to have HPD look at your submission. Once you are approved by HPD only signing a lease will make you contractually bound to the lease etc.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:35 AM

66 posts, read 47,300 times
thank you so much,God bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery