Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2024, 12:35 PM

347 posts, read 356,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
13,xxx, received docs request. I will think about it and may submit. I'm curious what they still have available but what people have shared about the amenities fee and extra pool fee has me skeptical. If anyone living there has any updates on that front, I would appreciate it.
I'm pretty sure the amenities are still $1400 and pool is $25 pp. I'm so curious if they are now filling re-rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 07:08 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
I'm pretty sure the amenities are still $1400 and pool is $25 pp. I'm so curious if they are now filling re-rentals.
$1400 a year is not unreasonable but $25pp per use is sort of insane. That would probably be a deal breaker for me. My building charges $95/mo for all amenities, including the pool, unlimited use.

Not sure if it’s a re-rental. I probably won’t find out lol

Old 02-14-2024, 08:51 PM

15 posts, read 8,262 times
I just wish we didn’t have to pay the 1400 dollars up front. I wouldn’t mind the 1400 if it was divided into monthly payments of 12z

Old 02-14-2024, 08:59 PM

Quote:
$1400 a year is not unreasonable but $25pp per use is sort of insane. That would probably be a deal breaker for me. My building charges $95/mo for all amenities, including the pool, unlimited use.
Yeah, if you want to use the pool a lot, or bring a lot of people, it's not set up for that. The pool is small but, Sven is huge - there are 900+ apartments. Even if the pool was huge, it's not possible to make the pool free - it would be overrun and unpleasant. I'm happy with the fees; it keeps the spaces clean and useable and prevents people from taking advantage. Also, electricity/gas is included in the rent so, for me, I consider the costs offset (compared to where I came from on the UES, MR).

Quote:
Not sure if it’s a re-rental. I probably won’t find out lol
Sven is a great location for those who work in Manhattan and want easy subway access. The building is 70% market rate/30% lottery @ 130%. The lottery units are the same as the MR and it's maintained impeccably. In my opinion, Sven is not ideal for families/kids. It's not for everyone, but it's amazing for many of us who feel very fortunate to get to live here.

Last edited by TheaterFan; 02-14-2024 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-14-2024, 09:04 PM

33 posts, read 15,614 times
Is it ok to drill a mount for a tv? thanks if anyone knows.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:46 PM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Yeah, if you want to use the pool a lot, or bring a lot of people, it's not set up for that. The pool is small but, Sven is huge - there are 900+ apartments. Even if the pool was huge, it's not possible to make the pool free - it would be overrun and unpleasant. I'm happy with the fees; it keeps the spaces clean and useable and prevents people from taking advantage. Also, electricity/gas is included in the rent so, for me, I consider the costs offset (compared to where I came from on the UES, MR).
Nah, my current building has over 850 units and a pool area with a capacity of only 35. They charge us $95/mo for all amenities, including the pool during the summer. There is no extra fee for the pool. It is residents only during the weekend and on holidays and 1 guest is allowed (no charge) on weekdays. It's never dirty or "overrun and unpleasant". There are ways to manage use aside from charging ridiculous extra fees.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Nah, my current building has over 850 units and a pool area with a capacity of only 35. They charge us $95/mo for all amenities, including the pool during the summer. There is no extra fee for the pool. It is residents only during the weekend and on holidays and 1 guest is allowed (no charge) on weekdays. It's never dirty or "overrun and unpleasant". There are ways to manage use aside from charging ridiculous extra fees.
Oh that's great! It doesn't sound like you should move.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:37 AM

522 posts, read 506,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanysanders92 View Post
Is it ok to drill a mount for a tv? thanks if anyone knows.
You can but you need to be careful about where you drill because the HVAC is behind at least one of my living room walls, also the walls are actually concrete behind the drywall in some spots so when I hung shelves the anchors wouldn't go in easily. I ended up just putting the screws straight into the wall and its very stable. I was told by the doorman that it is technically allowed but not advised due to it being difficult.

Old 02-15-2024, 10:42 AM

71 posts, read 64,882 times
My appeal was denied even though my math is correct, There is a flaw in their methods for people like me who are paid semi-monthly and also receive OT. I don't think I even want the place any longer. It's smaller where I am now and more expensive. I'm already in a lottery apartment that I love, but it's an inconvenient location is the only drawback. I'll test my luck after the AMI resets again in June; even by their math I was only over the limit by barely 2%!

Old 02-15-2024, 03:25 PM

180 posts, read 122,090 times
https://pix11.com/news/local-news/qu...ation-sources/

this happened at the train station below from the sven. i am sure everyone got the e-mail about a incident at the lobby. be safe y'all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery