Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2024, 07:21 PM

71 posts, read 59,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanysanders92 View Post
how far up do you have to be to not hear the train? i was told units available on 15th , 28th and 40th floors

I'm on the forties and I can still hear the train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 07:36 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
Yes, the walls in this building are quite thin, and if you happen to have a troublesome neighbor like myself, you'll encounter a multitude of problems. As I'm composing this message, my downstairs neighbors are watching TV at a deafening volume, and the noise permeates my entire apartment. I can even hear my next-door neighbor's laughter when she's watching TV. It appears that during the construction of this building, they opted for curtain walls on the exterior, which sadly lack sound insulation. Consequently, if your neighbor happens to be a noisy individual, throwing loud parties, or watching TV with high volume, you'll be subjected to all of it.

Additionally, many residents face heating and cooling issues. There are instances when, even in chilly weather, the management turns on the cooling system. Regrettably, the so-called 'supplemental heating' fails to provide any warmth to your apartment, leaving you without heat.

Moreover, another problem we encounter is that when someone smokes in the building, the smell easily finds its way into your apartment. Those who claim to have no problems probably haven't encountered these issues yet, are fortunate enough to have considerate neighbors, or may themselves be part of the problem and not bothered by it.
have your heating checked I found out mine was broken despite being the first one to move in to my unit, they swapped it with a bigger coil too.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:49 PM

79 posts, read 48,164 times
I have log 116XX and they asked me to choose a unit s or G.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:19 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shill22 View Post

Every floor is different, everyone's experience is different. I'd go see it and have a check off list with your concerns.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:53 PM

71 posts, read 64,761 times
Today, Jan 9, 2024, I was asked to submit documents

Log #12XXX

Any updates on what units are left at this point? I am 130AMI and want a 1-Bed. Thanks!

Old 01-09-2024, 04:08 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
Today, Jan 9, 2024, I was asked to submit documents

Log #12XXX

Any updates on what units are left at this point? I am 130AMI and want a 1-Bed. Thanks!

Last i heard it's L/H 1bd units left.

Old 01-09-2024, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 972 times
Hi! Anyone with experience with the Pronto platform-- how do you officially "submit" the questionnaire? I pressed the "submit" button and received a screen that said I should look out for further correspondence, etc., but when I went back to "Home," it put me right back to the questionnaire screen and I could still edit. The top of the page said "Sven - Started."

I added some documents I missed, then submitted again, got the "further correspondence" screen. Then I went back to "Home" and was back to "editing" mode. Lol. The deadline for docs is 1/24/24-- perhaps the questionnaire will close officially then?

Thank you in advance!!

Old 01-09-2024, 10:27 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiperdiaper View Post
Hi! Anyone with experience with the Pronto platform--
I'd suggest searching for Pronto posts; Sven just recently started using Pronto and most of us who got a lottery apartment worked directly with the developer through the entire process. I do wonder if they've moved onto re-rentals Which is why they are now deferring to Pronto.

Old 01-10-2024, 07:56 AM

71 posts, read 64,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shill22 View Post

Is that unit a 1-Bed and if so, on what floor are they? Thank you.

Old 01-12-2024, 12:29 PM

26 posts, read 16,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiperdiaper View Post
Hi! Anyone with experience with the Pronto platform-- how do you officially "submit" the questionnaire? I pressed the "submit" button and received a screen that said I should look out for further correspondence, etc., but when I went back to "Home," it put me right back to the questionnaire screen and I could still edit. The top of the page said "Sven - Started."

I added some documents I missed, then submitted again, got the "further correspondence" screen. Then I went back to "Home" and was back to "editing" mode. Lol. The deadline for docs is 1/24/24-- perhaps the questionnaire will close officially then?

Thank you in advance!!
You can reach out to them directly to ask. Maybe you can just email it if the portal is acting up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery