Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2024, 08:25 PM

7 posts, read 4,744 times

Advertisements

my log #131xx. i was contacted last week and provided the docs via pronto. anyone have an idea how long it'll take and how are the 1 bedroom apartments? do you recommend living in this building? does anyone have videos to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 09:43 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnyc View Post
my log #131xx. i was contacted last week and provided the docs via pronto. anyone have an idea how long it'll take and how are the 1 bedroom apartments? do you recommend living in this building? does anyone have videos to share?
"anyone have an idea how long it'll take"
- No because most Sven lottery winners did not have to go thru Pronto - you may be getting a rerental

and how are the 1 bedroom apartments?
- The D unit is awesome

"do you recommend living in this building?"
- yes

"does anyone have videos to share?"
- there are tons of videos on YouTube; the lottery apts are essentially the same as market rate

You really should read through the posts; I did and it resulted in getting what I wanted

Old 02-09-2024, 09:14 AM

71 posts, read 64,761 times
UGH! I was just denied because SVEN is projecting my income to be $5k over the limit. I have spoken to then and they can't / won't tell me how they they're getting that number. All of my tax docs and final paystub from last year have me squarely under the limit.

I'm appealing, but I don't know what numbers and projection I'm even refuting!!! UGH!!

Old 02-09-2024, 01:22 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
UGH! I was just denied because SVEN is projecting my income to be $5k over the limit. I have spoken to then and they can't / won't tell me how they they're getting that number. All of my tax docs and final paystub from last year have me squarely under the limit.

I'm appealing, but I don't know what numbers and projection I'm even refuting!!! UGH!!
If they are not telling what Income they are using for you, and only that you are over the limit, you should for contact info for someone in charge.

Recommending you consult the latest AMI%. Quote these is correspondence. ‘2023 130% AMI for a one person household is $128,570’ according such and such. There is a slim chance they are working with old $ figures. The original Lottery ended on Mar 21, 2022 and would have likely use 2021 figures until May/June of 2022.

See page 33(?) in the Marketing Handbook on appeals.

Old 02-09-2024, 01:28 PM

I spoke to someone very nice at the Sven office and also someone equally nice at the Housing Authority. They were calculating my yearly income based off just my paystubs and incorrectly coming with my full year income, even though they had my W-2 from last year. I emailed, stated my case, and am hoping for the best. The parameters are based on yearly income, not the the last 3-months income in my opinion.

Old 02-09-2024, 03:57 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
I spoke to someone very nice at the Sven office and also someone equally nice at the Housing Authority. They were calculating my yearly income based off just my paystubs and incorrectly coming with my full year income, even though they had my W-2 from last year. I emailed, stated my case, and am hoping for the best. The parameters are based on yearly income, not the the last 3-months income in my opinion.
Okay. But your opinion does not carry much weight, even if it is correct. Read the Marketing Handbook on Income, and Income a Guide, and the FAQs online to strengthen your case. Cite them.

Old 02-09-2024, 04:45 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
As already mentioned, your opinion doesn't matter one bit. They are going by facts and the documentation that can prove your situation, not how you feel.

They ARE supposed to use your most recent paystubs as one of the calculations of your annual income because your most recent paystubs are a good indication of what you will make in the next 12 months. They are supposed to calculate your expected income by several methods including also your w2s, 1099s, employer letter, prior year taxes, bank statements, and paystubs etc., and use the highest annual income that any method yields. It sounds like based on what you have shared that they calculated your income correctly and within the procedures.

Old 02-09-2024, 04:54 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:

If you have documentation that proves you are under the limit, present it. many people have been denied, appealed and got their place back . Be optimistic but also be prepared for this for future lotteries.

Old 02-13-2024, 06:40 AM

My appeal was denied. Partly due to me not fully explaining my point, but I at least pointed out a slight flaw in their math. Let me explain.

I am paid semi-monthly on the 15th and last day of each month - or 24 times per year. However, because I receive OT, I submit a time sheet every week or 52 times a year. 52 divided by 2 is 26, which means twice a year my paycheck includes 3 and not the standard 2 weeks of OT to account for those extra two weeks. It was just how the dates fell that one of those higher paychecks was included in the ones I submitted with my application. When SVEN projected my income on a yearly basis, that higher check skewed the total number higher to put me just over the income limit, but just barely 2%! I mean, the AMI reset in a few months would cover that and keep my within the limits.

I doubt anyone does anything in my case, but they could also ask how we are paid when submitting paystubs - i.e. weekly, monthly, etc. There are slight nuances that should get consideration on major decisions like housing!

Old 02-14-2024, 10:59 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
13,xxx, received docs request. I will think about it and may submit. I'm curious what they still have available but what people have shared about the amenities fee and extra pool fee has me skeptical. If anyone living there has any updates on that front, I would appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery