Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 12:38 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,628,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Nice building but I'm surprised that for a luxury building, it doesn't have W/D.
The sample floor plans suggest the w/d are there, or have accommodation for them. Note enclosed closet like space with door, within it is a square object with its own door, this often how w/d are drawn on floor plans.

Price and Participation May vary, your Millage too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 01:34 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annau0209 View Post
"This pet-friendly building features in-unit washer and dryer"

In the description it says they do, but who knows.
Oh ok. I was reading the bullet points in the amenities where it reads, “shared laundry unit”

Old 06-08-2022, 01:44 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,726,308 times
Sometimes they will list that if there's an industrial washer/dryer in the basement.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:47 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Sometimes they will list that if there's an industrial washer/dryer in the basement.
Which usually are larger and can be very convenient if one has big comforters etc

Old 06-08-2022, 01:56 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,726,308 times
Now this does look nice. Should make some lucky people very happy. The neighborhood could use some filling in but that should be an ongoing process.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:06 AM

214 posts, read 219,340 times
I applied. Would rather stay in Astoria, but I could walk to work from here (albeit a long walk). I am wondering what's up with the W/D between the diagrams and what's written also, because a couple of the floor plans have what looks like a washer or dryer off the bedroom, which is weird. The last floor plan has one in each bedroom, so I'm not putting a ton of stock in the diagrams at the moment

Old 06-09-2022, 07:27 AM

828 posts, read 767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
I applied. Would rather stay in Astoria, but I could walk to work from here (albeit a long walk). I am wondering what's up with the W/D between the diagrams and what's written also, because a couple of the floor plans have what looks like a washer or dryer off the bedroom, which is weird. The last floor plan has one in each bedroom, so I'm not putting a ton of stock in the diagrams at the moment
These units look spectacular and I am convinced that there are W/Ds in the units - but I'll let you know after I move in!

The one-bedroom floorplan corresponds directly with the only photo of an apartment in the gallery. In this photo, the W/D closet is across from the kitchen (note the vented door).

Good luck all!

Old 06-09-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
These units look spectacular and I am convinced that there are W/Ds in the units - but I'll let you know after I move in!

The one-bedroom floorplan corresponds directly with the only photo of an apartment in the gallery. In this photo, the W/D closet is across from the kitchen (note the vented door).

Good luck all!
Good sleuthing! That makes sense Good luck to you also!

Old 06-09-2022, 08:11 AM

282 posts, read 279,366 times
I found the agreement with the city online and it indeed includes in unit washer and dryer.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/planning...pc/180128a.pdf
in page 26 under Mandatory Inclusionary Housing.
We strongly recommend that affordable units be distributed throughout at least 80% of the
proposed project’s floors, that all finishes and fittings be the same in affordable and market-rate
units, and that fee-based amenities be discounted for tenants in affordable units.
(Section V)
− The applicant has agreed that market rate and affordable units will be built with identical finishes
and provided with identical appliances, including washers and dryers.
They plan to offer certain
amenities, such as a children’s play room, without fee, and commit to discounting access fees for
residents of the affordable units for other amenities

Old 06-09-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
I found the agreement with the city online and it indeed includes in unit washer and dryer.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/planning...pc/180128a.pdf
in page 26 under Mandatory Inclusionary Housing.
We strongly recommend that affordable units be distributed throughout at least 80% of the
proposed project’s floors, that all finishes and fittings be the same in affordable and market-rate
units, and that fee-based amenities be discounted for tenants in affordable units.
(Section V)
− The applicant has agreed that market rate and affordable units will be built with identical finishes
and provided with identical appliances, including washers and dryers.
They plan to offer certain
amenities, such as a children’s play room, without fee, and commit to discounting access fees for
residents of the affordable units for other amenities
Awesome, thanks for letting us know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery