Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 09:35 AM

175 posts, read 59,202 times

Advertisements

Hello I've been certified since May/ 12/2023 as a N1 priority not in the shelter I had my interview April 28 2023 the lady who interviewed me said I had to take me and my kids off my mom nycha lease because she said there can't be two nycha accounts open she made it seem like they found an apartment for me right away but I've been waiting two months now how long it takes to get selected to a development I'm on the Brooklyn wide wait-list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2023, 10:36 AM

31 posts, read 24,549 times
I saw other post and people got in from 3 to 9 months after being certified. I got certified on July 5th . But the fact you already in nycha I believe it take longer . According to another post I've seen, He ended up moving to a housing lottery apt.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn28 View Post
I saw other post and people got in from 3 to 9 months after being certified. I got certified on July 5th . But the fact you already in nycha I believe it take longer . According to another post I've seen, He ended up moving to a housing lottery apt.
Thank you I really pray it doesn't take that long what is your priority and what borough you certified for and how many rooms

Old 08-12-2023, 01:48 PM

I'm priority w1, and I'm on the waiting list for a 1 bedroom in the bronx. The thing is my building is not a regular project. It's only 5 floors. My last notice said it was code A mean it's a anticipated vacancy. I'm like wait a min lol do that mean I had to wait until someone move out! Because that might be no time soon!. So I hope and pray it mean it's being cleaned out. I'm give them until December, before I start calling them and getting on their nerves.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I'm priority w1, and I'm on the waiting list for a 1 bedroom in the bronx. The thing is my building is not a regular project. It's only 5 floors. My last notice said it was code A mean it's a anticipated vacancy. I'm like wait a min lol do that mean I had to wait until someone move out! Because that might be no time soon!. So I hope and pray it mean it's being cleaned out. I'm give them until December, before I start calling them and getting on their nerves.
That's good at least it's not a regular project just wish we didn't have to wait extra after interview we waited for years for an interview to still wait I wish I didn't have to depend on nycha but my income requires it and rent for other places like nope I can't do it

Old 08-14-2023, 12:46 PM

Lol I understand, did you apply for housing connect?It's the housing lottery, Some development has very low rent. I prefer the housing lottery. Because nycha make no sense right now.

Old 08-14-2023, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Lol I understand, did you apply for housing connect?It's the housing lottery, Some development has very low rent. I prefer the housing lottery. Because nycha make no sense right now.
I tried to apply for housing connect but even their rent seem to high for me.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:02 PM

Depend on the development. Some be like 400 for studio. I'm just tryna be positive. Nycha got to December.

Old 08-15-2023, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Depend on the development. Some be like 400 for studio. I'm just tryna be positive. Nycha got to December.
Okay cool I must be searching wrong on housing connect

Old 08-15-2023, 09:46 AM

On your nycha portal, when you look at documents. Does it say nycha documents received "pending review" if you press it , it will show you the documents you signed for nycha. If you see it. Does it say pending for yours too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery