Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 04:31 PM

14 posts, read 11,699 times

Advertisements

Did anyone attend the info seminar? Any thoughts?
I was a little confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 10:18 PM

65 posts, read 38,222 times
I missed it. Did they address why the prices listed on street easy were cheaper than these listed prices? The prices have been reflected to match the ad on street easy but when the lottery first went to housing connect - the prices were cheaper on real estate websites.

Old 09-25-2023, 06:03 PM

41 posts, read 26,381 times
Did not attend. Did they discuss mortgage companies? Wish these we’re not so expensive.

Old 09-26-2023, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Lottery View Post
Brokers sell HDFC untils 100% of the time.
"Restricted Sale" on Streeteasy just identifies that there are income &/or resale restrictions.

There are 12 active litings on street easy. These are insiders who are taking advantage of the HDFCs negotiated deal with HPD

https://streeteasy.com/building/609-...venue-new_york

As older residents pass, the HDFC has negotiated with Estates and have purchased apartments for as little at $40,000. These are the same units being offered to the lottery "waitlist."

In most scenarios where an existing mitchell-lama type ( originally developed affordable) coop receives funds from HPD, the criteria/regulations dictate that the units are to remain affordable for 30-40 more years.

It looks like this deal allows the HDFC and the insiders to have a windfall profit based on "time-served."

Again, good luck to all
How did you find this out? I don't doubt it but if this was in an article somewhere I'd love to read it.

Old 11-05-2023, 03:43 PM

14 posts, read 11,699 times
Has anyone been contacted ?

Old 11-28-2023, 07:45 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
logs out 1XXX

Old 11-28-2023, 11:59 AM

I got 6XX - but honestly I don't understand this building or lottery. Considering they are selling units on traditional real estate websites - what's the point of the lottery? Are some units set aside or in theory if all the units are purchased via Compass, Corcoran, etc - will there be no units left? Did anyone attend the workshop? Did they explain this?

Old 11-29-2023, 07:18 AM

411 posts, read 227,860 times
Log 2XXX. As for the question about them coming up on RE sites, these are listed on the MLS so their bots pull them in automatically. I'm sure if you call any of them, they'll say UMMM, not unless you are selected, if they understand the process at all.

Old 11-29-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
Log 2XXX. As for the question about them coming up on RE sites, these are listed on the MLS so their bots pull them in automatically. I'm sure if you call any of them, they'll say UMMM, not unless you are selected, if they understand the process at all.
I don't think that's true. They are selling. I spoke with someone connected to one of the community agencies helping with the sales. I asked whether they would likely accept a lower offer from lottery winners and I was told while the owners could accept a lower offer they likely wouldn't because they are getting offers at the current listed price.

And that makes sense because I've been following this building and some of the apartments that a few weeks ago said nothing - are now saying in contract.

Old 12-19-2023, 09:37 AM

3 posts, read 2,284 times
I was asked for documents yesterday -- Log #3xx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery